For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

New Flash/Shockwave Player Causing Problems

Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:34 pm

Last night, my computer automatically installed the newest versions of the Flash and Shockwave players. Now I'm having problems with any flash item on Neopets. None of the maps show up, the games don't load. This only happens with Firefox. I tried things in IE and everything works fine. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting things to work in Firefox?

Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:33 pm

Are you sure thats the problem? I use Firefox and have latest flash but I dont have a problem. Have you installed anything else which might be a problem?

Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:23 pm

I don't have any issues myself. Do you get the message that you need to install the plugin, or do the items just plain not load (with no message)? I hope you get it cleared up soon.

Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:49 pm

I am having problems with flash too. I had to reinstall everything on my computer and flash is not working with firefox. I really don't want to have to endure the ads to play games, so I hope somebody can come up with a fix for this soon. o_O

I got the pop-up that said it needed installed the first time, and then after installed....blank screen. :cry:

Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:14 pm

Yes, I had the problem too. It happens if you use Firefox and Adblock.

Go to Tools > Adblock > Prefrences
Click Adblock Options, and uncheck Obj-Tabs. Close all Firefox windows, reopen it and Flash should work.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:50 am

Weewoo wrote:Yes, I had the problem too. It happens if you use Firefox and Adblock.

Go to Tools > Adblock > Prefrences
Click Adblock Options, and uncheck Obj-Tabs. Close all Firefox windows, reopen it and Flash should work.

TY!!! That worked. :hug:
now if I could only get somebody to give me diections to the place I need to find in the 1,000 tombs and a time machine so that I could even begin to catch up with the plot.
Topic locked