For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Extremely wierd petpage...

Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:41 am

I was browsing through The Neopets high-score board on pyramids and on the 2nd gold trophy winner (mephalia) I looked up her account and saw a Disco Ruki! Okay, so I clicked on him and saw his petpage: http://petpages.neopets.com/~Mephalia... Read it for urself... Is it an error or did the owner actually did it? I need sum answers :P

Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:44 am

the owner could of done it, or if the pet was labbed and used to be a pteri it could of changed like that

Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:47 am

this is driving me MAD! The images from neopets won't load! Though I can read what's writen in the page.

Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:59 am

That page made me check over my generic Petpages. The Poogle is kind of...lacking. And they probably just wanted to make it like that, the Petpage changes when the lab changes species.

Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:03 am

Hahaha that's a good one.

If it's serious or not, that got a laugh out of me.

It's done so innocently, it's cute.

(and probably a little embarrassing for the owner...if they did do it)

Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:37 am

That happened to me when my kougra turned into a skeith do to lab ray, it was a kougra petpage and skeith in the photo. I know someone already stated this but I'm going to make an example, if your labbing a pet and it changes species it doesn't change petpages because they'd have to be reset and what if the owner worked hard on it? You can change it to the species tho if you hit the reset to default button tho

Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:51 am

Two possible reasons

1 - The user had made a very minor edit (as little as an extra space) and the page because of that doesn't update when the species changes

2 - Glitch/Bad programming

Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:07 pm

Thinking it might have been a programming error. :roll:

Something having to do with default Ruki Petpages. o_O

Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:18 pm

Nah the photos update themselves, but you'll have to reset the petpage if you want that to change as well :)

Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:54 pm

The petpage will change automatically when your pet changes species UNLESS there has been editing by the owner, even a small edit like the_dog_god said. It's probably just that :) But if you do nothing to your page it will change automatically, my lab rats petpages change all the time.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:30 am

Has anyone considered that the person could have simply taken the page source from when it was a pteri and changed the url for the photo?

It's insanely easy to do, I don't know why anyone would do it, but I could whip up a page like that in a few seconds.
Topic locked