For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Miserable miserable miserable :(

Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:12 am

I don't know what I've done (or what I haven't done), but for some reason, I can't get my two pets back to happiness. They've been stuck on "miserable" for a good few weeks now, and whatever I do: whether it's feeding them food, grooming them, giving them toys to play with, playing games with them...they're still unhappy.

I have a kacheek and a meerca. Can anyone give me a few pointers as to how to make them happy again?

Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:29 am

They aren't sick, are they? When pets are sick I'm pretty sure their mood stays at miserable until you cure them.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:16 am

Get a cheap plush toy or a grooming item and play with it/groom it for about 100 times each. That should do the job..

Keep in mind they must not be sick though.. else their mood will most likely maximise only at "joyful" and never "delighted".

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:41 am

They're not sick...this is what's making it so complicated. There isn't anything outright obvious that's causing them to be miserable.

I'll try playing/grooming them a little more and see what happens.

I'll keep you guys updated - thanks :D

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:47 am

Well, when my pet is sad cuz i've been zapping them so much.. I go to that merry-go-round thingo in the roo place...

Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:24 am

Merry-go-round? Sounds interesting! Might have to find out some more :P

But yes, Sacrilege, I gave my pets a few more goes with some toys, and they're at "extremely happy" :)

Thank-you so much.

I've never had such unhappy pets, and I've played for years, but it just didn't come to mind to almost "overdo" a few times of playing with toys. Perfect :)

Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:31 pm

To make it go faster, you can play with them repeatedly by clicking on the toy, then in the pop up window, click play, then instead of closing the window when it says your pet had fun, press the backspace key. It makes it go a little faster. :)

Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:26 pm

Or you can click "Play with whoever," it'll give you a little notification that you've played, hit F5 to refresh, and then Enter when it asks to reload the data.
Topic locked