For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Someone's trying to hack my account?

Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:32 am

ERROR : Sorry, you have tried too many times to guess this password within the last hour. Try again in 58 minutes.

----------------
i tried to log on to my neopets account and i got the above message!
any idea what happened?

also, what should i do?

Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:37 am

Was that the first time you tried? There's a limit, but (I'm pretty sure, someone back me up on this) it's only per computer, or more specifically per IP address, so if you have more than one computer in your house it would likely be for the whole house.

If you haven't tried logging in at all, go yell at your sister, it's probably her fault :P

Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:38 am

Yep, I'd say someone tried to guess your password.

And the only thing I think you should do, is make sure your password is hard to guess. As in, a combination of numbers and letters.

Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:46 am

dolphinling wrote:Was that the first time you tried? There's a limit, but (I'm pretty sure, someone back me up on this) it's only per computer, or more specifically per IP address, so if you have more than one computer in your house it would likely be for the whole house.

If you haven't tried logging in at all, go yell at your sister, it's probably her fault :P

i see... my computer is indeed shared, and its with my brother, who plays too. i hav a feeling it could be him. :x

if thats the case then its a relief. i was thinking someone else like a hacker or something was trying to enter my a/c.

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:18 am

And if it was your brother I'm going to guess there's going to be some big trouble?

That is scary - I've only had it happen once when I hadn't tried before ... remembers the odd glitch quite awhile ago where peoples' passwords weren't being recognized.

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:21 am

everconfused wrote:... remembers the odd glitch quite awhile ago where peoples' passwords weren't being recognized.

*shudders* That scared the marshmallows out of me.

Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:04 pm

Anyone remember that 4-4-04 glitch? Someone got the password to my side account that day...

If it was your brother, I'd "sic" your dog (or cat) on him.

Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:09 pm

what was the 4-4-04 glitch? Can't remember

Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:40 pm

deadlypker wrote:what was the 4-4-04 glitch? Can't remember

There was a glitch with the password retrieval system and anyone could see anyone's password if they entered their account name.

Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:33 pm

Messs17 wrote:
deadlypker wrote:what was the 4-4-04 glitch? Can't remember

There was a glitch with the password retrieval system and anyone could see anyone's password if they entered their account name.

Augh, I remember that. -shudder-

Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:57 pm

I want tickets to the fight with your brother, dude. :P

Uh...kill your brother is what you should do. ^^

Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:07 pm

DM was on fire! wrote:I want tickets to the fight with your brother, dude. :P

Could've been an accident; he may just not have been paying attention. And if thats not the case; violence is not the answer. Go tell a parent or something or confront him about it. Chances are he'll just get all shame faced, apologize and you can threatan him to make sure he never does it again.

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:10 pm

ahoteinrun wrote:

Could've been an accident; he may just not have been paying attention. And if thats not the case; violence is not the answer. Go tell a parent or something or confront him about it. Chances are he'll just get all shame faced, apologize and you can threatan him to make sure he never does it again.

I was trying to be funny, inrun. :P

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:23 pm

DM was on fire! wrote:
ahoteinrun wrote:

I was trying to be funny, inrun. :P

I thought everyone understood that I rarely have a sense of humor.
Topic locked