For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Totally Awesome and Completely Random Contest

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:29 am

Current Contest:
Temple of What Now?

Info and Rules:
How many tombs are in the Temple of 1,000 Tombs and why the heck would anyone need that many tombs anyway?

Here are some facts about the Temple of 1,000 Tombs:
- It has tombs. Duh.
- It's a great spot for tourists (or people who have certain siblings they wish would get lost).
- Remember to visit the gift shop. It doesn't get much business since it's so hard to find.
- It's aMAZEing. HAHALOLZ! Ow, my sides.

Done and done! Another completely random contest with which to try your luck, and another completely random contest for us to judge completely randomly while we're busy working on the plot. EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Lawyerbot skips out of work early to go buy a new hat:
*crickets*

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:31 am

My entry

There are one door for every color, shape and symbol in the temple. Kinda wierd but that is 288, minus 1 for the statue door and add three for the libraries. WAIT! They are all traps so there are actually 0 tombs.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:44 am

my entry

If pyramids are the tombs of kings, then who gets eternal sleep in temples?
Whoever they are, with all those traps, they have to be important.
Unless, unless, you know, they are like practicle jokers.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:51 am

I don't really understand what this contest wants us to do.. can someone please explain?

Is it coming up with a theory on why the tomb "exists"? Why are there traps and etc?

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:54 am

stampsyne wrote:My entry

There are one door for every color, shape and symbol in the temple. Kinda wierd but that is 288, minus 1 for the statue door and add three for the libraries. WAIT! They are all traps so there are actually 0 tombs.

But technically if this were realish, we would have alot of dead pets right now so all of the rooms would be tombs for the pets trapped in them. But our pets our invincible so I guess it doesn't work.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:09 am

Err...I was bored so I decided to rant :roll:

Because of miscalculations, the architects somehow ended up with 1,000 different tombs. However, not having 1,000 pharaohs to bury in the tombs, they demolished about three quarters of the rooms before realizing that their five hundred years of slaving over this monument was being destroyed so they left the remaining 250 rooms. However, when they finally realized that in actuality, they had no dead pharaoh at all to house in the tomb, they fled from the royal guards sent by the enraged royals because they had spent 500 years building a series of tombs for no reason at the cost of the royals. They had forgotten however the hundreds of traps they'd left in case anybody tried to raid the tomb and perished. They didn't suffer too much though. They had time to visit the gift shop several times before finally passing on to the next world and thus housing their non royal forms in the tombs.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:10 am

Here's my entry:

There are 1000 tombs in the Temple of 1000 Tombs. Why? There's the king and his whole family, his pets, his family's pets, his pet's petpets, his family's petpets, his family's petpets, his petpet's petpetpets, his family's petpet's petpetpets... and so on. Are those 1000 tombs already?

Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:36 am

My entry was:

258.5 tombs are currently "in" the temple. There are also 5 tombs under the temple and 11.5 above it. The tomb rulers need that many tombs because their mother's many kadoaties sorta died during the plague. The two half rooms are there because the tomb diggers took a break to visit the gift shop and couldn't find them again to finish them.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:53 am

here is mine:

This aMAZEing tomb comes with over 244 tombs. If u want to get lost, get angry as u see the same door over and over then this is the place for you.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:07 am

Sing-along

1,000 empty tombs in the halls,
1,000 empty tooooombs!
Fill one with sand,
Wander around,
999 empty tombs in the halls!

Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:26 am

My entry

There are 1000 Tombs, if not it wouldn't be called the Temple of 1000 Tombs, it would be called the Temple of 300 Tombs or the Temple of 109 1/2 Tombs. The Tombs that cannot be seen are actually invisible to the neopets team and the users*psst ..like Jellyworld* The 1000 Tombs are needed as storage areas for games stuff. Where did you think all the scoops of ice cream for the 'Ice Cream Machine' came from. Or all the potatoes for 'Extreme Potato Counter'..when no one is looking, someone comes and replaces all the mouldy potatoes with new ones from a particular stocking place *cought..Tomb..cough* The only reason it's called the Tombs is because calling the ' Great Stocking Place For Games Stuff' wouldn't have been half as exciting..and some sneaky people might have tried to ransack the place.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:35 am

I don't know very well what is suposes to write, anyway, why not have a bit of fun writting?

Also known as the mighty temple where dead King are buried or whatever ruled in the Lost Desert at the time, the Temple of 1000 Tombs has a very advanced safety system, some even believe it was secretly built by a bunch of Aspargus who came from the future and wanted the tomb to be the center of the next plot. Of course that who built the temple had a serious problem with math since there are NOT 1000 tombs and everyone knows that a-so-called temple of 1000 tombs should have 1000 tombs - I mean, deadly traps, it's not cool otherwize.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:45 am

I had no idea what to do for this so just put some random junk down lol

There is room for 1000 tombs in the temple of a 1000 tombs, hence the name.

People love to go visit. Some just to have a look around it and some visit to try and find the hidden treasure that is rumoured to be there.

The temple has a quaint little gift shop in the middle of it, for those lucky enough to find it might be able to buy a map to help them try and find the hidden treasure.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:00 am

I didn't have much of a clue, so I just started jabbering on...but here is what I submitted, maybe someone will get a laugh. 8)

"There is a whole bunch of tombs, the exact number has eluded scholars for many a year. There has to be so many cause so many have ventured into the temple and never returned, have to dispose of the bodies somewhere. Any room is a tomb, as well as the halls where many have just dropped down and died after wandering around aimlessly looking for the treasure or the all elusive gift shop. So I say why pay for that gym membership when you can get all the exercise you need by going to the temple. Just be warned to not drop bread crumbs. Try bringing a bunch of string or maybe some crayons to mark your way. And please don't feed the scarabs."

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:42 am

But are there really any tombs in the Temple of 1000 tombs?

They could have it as a cover-up name while moving all those amazing tombs somewhere else.

Next up will be the Sandpit of 1000 tombs. Then we'll know where they've gone.

:P
Topic locked