For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Lab Ray training question.

Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:59 pm

When you train with the lab ray, can you not get strength unless your level goes up first... or is that only for the training school?

Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:00 pm

No, the stats are independant.

Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:03 pm

Nope, whatever happens is random - it doesn't depend on anything.

Very annoying though if you want to use the training school, if you're level is low and your stats are high, as you have to train level first.

Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:27 pm

My lab rat has 35 str and is at level 1 right now. It's very independant of each other. :)

Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:28 pm

Alex wrote:Nope, whatever happens is random - it doesn't depend on anything.

Very annoying though if you want to use the training school, if you're level is low and your stats are high, as you have to train level first.
yea, i have to train my cybunny to level 74 :P

Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:55 pm

Jens wrote:

I have to train my Kacheek to like lvl 136. just so I can bring my defence up(my defence is *gasp* 39)

Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:26 pm

Xil wrote:
Jens wrote:

I have to train my Kacheek to like lvl 136. just so I can bring my defence up(my defence is *gasp* 39)

I"m doing the same thing right now *sooo expensive*
I realized that my movment stat was pushing 2*80 so i've stopped labbing in order to bring up my other stats at the 3 codestone price. It took forever to bring up my level (to 79) and now my defence is finaly into the 40's. I'm really trying to avoid any random stat increases for the next 6 months or however long it takes to even my stats.

The lab ray loves to give you useless movement. It's also generous with HP since it never takes those away. It's particularly stingy with lvl and defence. Strength seems to sit somewhere in the middle.

Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:03 pm

some advice, if your going to lab a pet, don't decide to train it afterwards...
My ixi which I have labbed for about 7 months, started training today...
But I would have to train about 50 more levels before I could actually start training in other stuff!

For me its because the hit points a way more then 2* my pets level.

Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:14 am

Its very evil... My pet has 100 or so hp, and yesterday he got sent down to lvl1! :cry:

Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:07 am

I seem to be getting bad things instead of good.

When I do get boosts, they're usually for Movement. C'mon, where's the strength and levels when I need it most?!

Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:19 am

If you're going to start training your pet again, I wouldn't recommend using the lab ray as those levels you got (like 100 levels) will go bye-bye thanks to the kindness of the lab ray. I just plan on using it until I get some good stats and get a species that I like.

Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:37 pm

I don't think I'll ever be able to train using the training school ever again...my HP is about 400 times my level. :P

Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:26 pm

Tell me about it :roll: My level was 26 and my HP was 122. Had to train to Level 62 :( Oh well. At least I don't have to worry about Level for a while anymore. My strength and defence really need trained.

Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:59 pm

Shifty wrote:some advice, if your going to lab a pet, don't decide to train it afterwards...
My ixi which I have labbed for about 7 months, started training today...
But I would have to train about 50 more levels before I could actually start training in other stuff!

For me its because the hit points a way more then 2* my pets level.

Actualy my advice would be to train and use the lab at the same time.

I'm not sorry I used the lab. And I'll probably go back to it. I'm also not sorry that I decided to train my pet in the standard manner aftewards since I, like most people, have a single main battle pet. I am sorry I wasn't keeping my stats up while I was doing the labbing. However when I started labbing it was without the intent of ever using my pet to battle so I wasn't too concerned.

Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:57 pm

http://www.neopets.com/search.phtml?sel ... ing=Mapali

That's what the lab does to your pets, I'm cringing at the though of how much it'll cost me to get my pet's level up it should be at about level 105 right now :cry:
Topic locked