For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Neohelpers hacked

Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:47 pm

I was going to go look for news on neohelpers and noticed it was hacked.

Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:49 pm

Is it that worm that hacked neocolors?

Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:47 pm

I wish people would stop being so stupid.
What's the point of hacking a neopets help site?

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:23 am

Xerophyte wrote:I wish people would stop being so stupid.

If it's that same worm that got Neocolors, it's not a hacking. The worm is more of a virus than anything, and it happens to attack certain versions of php. PPT's safe because we're upgraded to a version the worm can't attack.

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:32 am

DiscordantNote wrote:
Xerophyte wrote:I wish people would stop being so stupid.

If it's that same worm that got Neocolors, it's not a hacking. The worm is more of a virus than anything, and it happens to attack certain versions of php. PPT's safe because we're upgraded to a version the worm can't attack.

Phew, thank heavens. :)

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:45 am

Yeesh, all this panicking and "OMG such and such got hacked! There's cookie grabbers now!" is going to kill the poor sites :(

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:50 am

Well, I'm glad PPT is safe. But I can't help but feel horrible for the site users and the site owner. What really is the point in hacking? Does it make you feel superior? Does it give you any points in some sort of crazed hacker game? Or what?

Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:06 am

winter wrote:Yeesh, all this panicking and "OMG such and such got hacked! There's cookie grabbers now!" is going to kill the poor sites :(

I saw people on the Neoboards, about a week ago, carrying on about how PPT is "Full of cookie grabbers" and such.

Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:07 am

AFI_Sorrow wrote:Well, I'm glad PPT is safe. But I can't help but feel horrible for the site users and the site owner. What really is the point in hacking? Does it make you feel superior? Does it give you any points in some sort of crazed hacker game? Or what?

The way to seek the "best" revenge on a site owner is to crack their site and/or destroy something. Therefore, there is a "point" (but a bad one) in cracking and it does make crackers feel superior, as cracking to them is their "high."

Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:18 am

AFI_Sorrow wrote:Well, I'm glad PPT is safe. But I can't help but feel horrible for the site users and the site owner. What really is the point in hacking? Does it make you feel superior? Does it give you any points in some sort of crazed hacker game? Or what?

After reading some hacker fourms because of seeing these hacks, hacking makes some people feel smart and good for some reason. Revenge is another reason stated. Some people who hack/write viruses etc do it to be considered a genius or very smart person for doing so.

Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:01 am

wow.. what is neocolors anyways?

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:07 pm

Neocolours is a lovely, helpful site. It databases all the pet colours, released and unreleased. I go there very often, I actually signed up here because it was down, and I had nothing to do, really. I hope it returns soon.

Spread the Neocolours love, people :)

(I'm just bored, because my brother isn't letting my play MGS3, even though I brought it *gives him evils*)

Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:49 pm

nacine82 wrote:wow.. what is neocolors anyways?

Also, for those who do not know, the address is http://www.neocolours.co.uk

Take note of the .co.uk at the end ;)

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:10 pm

*kills UK popup* I hate that thing. Lol...Though I love Neocolors!!

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:29 pm

Chao wrote:
winter wrote:Yeesh, all this panicking and "OMG such and such got hacked! There's cookie grabbers now!" is going to kill the poor sites :(

I saw people on the Neoboards, about a week ago, carrying on about how PPT is "Full of cookie grabbers" and such.

Yea. It's gonna take a lot of time to convince people nothing malignant has been installed in the databases of these sites. But I hope this doesn't signal the return of the fansite wars. I mean, these sites are supposed to be friendly, not jumping headfirst into a battle royal! This is why PPT distances itself from the rest of the fansites. So they can't accuse us of doing anything to them. But then you have the neoboards who seem to have some sort of grudge on us. Anyone remember when they decided to launch a full on attack at us? I'm telling you, the amount of GC'ers with an I.Q. into negative numbers that signed up during that time was pretty high.
Topic locked