Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Newbie to animation who needs help
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I just created an animated buddy icon for AIM. Here it is: Image However, I have three problems with it. One, I want the regularly lighted cookie (first frame) to stay for longer in the animation. Second, the file size is too big. Third, the dimensions are too big.

So...

1. How do I do it?
2. How do I reduce the file size while keeping it animated?
3. How do I make the dimensions 48x48 without having to do it to every frame individually and then re-animate it?

No, I never officially left; yes, I am gone forever. I have also permanently left AIM. If you need to contact me, drop a line on LJ. Same username.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

What program are you using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Paint, PSP7, Giffy, and Unfreez. I'm guessing you only want the animation program, so Unfreez.

No, I never officially left; yes, I am gone forever. I have also permanently left AIM. If you need to contact me, drop a line on LJ. Same username.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, PSP7 comes with Animation Shop, I suggest you use that because well...I know how to use it.
I uninstalled PSP awhile ago since it was really just wasted space to me, so you'll have to find these things yourself, shouldn't be too hard.
You'd open the file in Animation Shop and change the document dimensions to 48 x 48 px. Since it's a global change all the frames will be resized and retain the animation.
Then you'd pick the frame you want time in between and change the delay time to something higher (I think no delay is the default, you can change it to however long you want it).
And lastly you'd use the optimization wizard in Animation Shop. Let it choose the compression settings for you, if it's still too big, tweak them yourself.
And remember, the more frames, the bigger the filesize. If it's a long animation, you may have to just remove some frames.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Marissa wrote:
Well, PSP7 comes with Animation Shop.

But does Animation Shop come with the free trial of PSP7? Because I've run searches on my computer for Animation Shop, and it's not there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

tymaporer wrote:
Marissa wrote:

But does Animation Shop come with the free trial of PSP7? Because I've run searches on my computer for Animation Shop, and it's not there.

It should have. It should be in the same folder as PSP7 (Programs > Jasc Software)

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:20 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Sapphire Faerie wrote:
tymaporer wrote:
Marissa wrote:

It should have. It should be in the same folder as PSP7 (Programs > Jasc Software)

Actually, if she's running a free-trial of PSP7, she would have had to download it seperate, right?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]