Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Going to make new Avie and Sig
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:02 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

(look right forum this time :P )

I am thinking of making a new sig and avatar for myself and am kind of stumped on what to do...

Does anyone have any cool ideas? I am looking for sumthin with monkeys obviously...

Sigh

I hate having artist block...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I hate artist block. I'm often plagued with this same problem.

You know, whenever I try to make an av and sig I often find myself fiddling around in photoshop for an hour and ending up with absolutely nothing. Normally, I have to wait for inspiration to come to me. I can never seem to make a set when I want one. I just have to wait until something comes along and peaks my intrest and I try to take that and make it a set.

First I think you should narrow it down and find an image you would like to use, then build a set around that.

So, let's see. You are looking for something with monkeys. Are there any specific cartoon primates you like, would you like a real monkey in your set. Are there any characters you can think of you'd like? If you can, I would try googling and looking for a good picture you could use, one that strikes your fancy.

Another thing you can do is simply mess around in photoshop or your program of choice and see what you come up with. I often do this and end up just wasting time and coming up short, but it works sometimes. And maybe you'll do something you like and it'll give you an idea for something else.

So, as someone else suggested before, you could simply start a set contest and have people make the sets for you. It's a good way to end up with several sets ready for you to use. I don't know whether you prefer to make you own sets or not, so...

I was trying to think of a cool idea to specifically suggest to you, but I just think of things I'd like and I really don't know your personal tastes. Even if it takes a while (I've used certain sets much longer than I intended too simply because I couldn't come up with anything else) I'm sure you'll make something great eventually.

Yeah, so sorry if I rambled on too much. Hopefully this is a little helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:47 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Put random words into a google image search and see what pictures come up. If you find something you like, make a set out of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:40 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

As rageaholic said ... google your image first -- and then mess about with it in whatever program you use! :) Or if you want something other monkeys you could just make one from scratch and see what you make!!!!

Thats what I've done a lot of times ... this current set was me messing about with the Aurora brush and finding the brick texture!! I forgot it carried on doodling until I found the exact right font so I made it into a set.... Try it if you run out of ideas - you could do something cool! :D

Or theres the other option of just using a random image from Google and then just adding the necessaries.. border, text, subtext. With/without background.
Sometimes works....... or at least gives you a starting point! :)

Want Neopets goodies for FREE????!!??!! Sure you do! Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=38039 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:34 pm 

Search 'monkey' in a search engine or take summat of Ape Escape. Or then again, if you feel lazy, just get someone else to make one... with ape escape... or the monkeys... or Strongbad before he shaves...

Thanks Silja for the great set!... I don't see it either...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]