Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:36 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Dawn - Very nice. I like it. The background is nice, very fariground-y, with all the different colors. The horse is kinda pixely on the edges, but that's ok, I'd change the color of the border to a pink maybe, so it matches the background a little more =D
6/10

DragonFire - Very nice. I like the background. Very nice and original. The pic in the av is a little small though. Otherwise, it looks great!
7/10

--Rate These Sets Please--
Image Image
Image Image

Made by Hellyer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:34 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

{ryu}: First set. TOO EMPTY Put some brushes, lighte it up a bit. also, the angle of the text is a little wierd, doesn't match the pic. Second sig: I really like this one, but now the brushes are intruding the picture a little too much. but you used my favorite olor, so that give you extra points! ^^;;

Can someone rate my music set?

^.^

signature by WIS! :]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:44 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Chii - Wow, I really like how you made the text look and how it's brighter around the person. The problem for me is that the sub-text is a little hard to read, but not so much that I can't tell what it says. 9.5/10

Could anyone please rate this awful set I just made?

^_^

"How are you?"
The letter from her stopped suddenly..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:21 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Phantom: Cute. :) The text on the av really isn't centered, so it looks kind of off. As for the main text on the sig, it looks too serious. I say something like augie would look better. :) Overall, great set.

Chii: OK, the subtext font is kinda hard to make out. I think Silkscreen would look a LOT better. :) Only thing I see wrong.

Ryu (first set): I really don't like how the picture is centered in the sig. I say move it to the left a little and move your text the same way. Nothing else wrong.

Ryu (second set): OK, this one has a minor problem. Avril's chin is cutout. I'm not really a big fan of cutout chins. Only thing wrong. :)

---------------------
Could someone rate my Cadet Kelly set? It was supposed to be for PPTTG, but I don't think I'm going to be around for it. *counts votes* 3 against me.

Image Image

Well, it's not purple! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Ryu - First set is too empty. The scratchy sort of look of the tect doesn't go with the rest of the set.
For the second set, I find nothing wrong except for there being no blue background in the av on the left side. It'd be pretty much perfect if you fixed that.

Chii - Subtext is a little small. I love the pink and black tones...Eh. Nothing much really that I can find.

Phantom - The background doesn't match the picture at all. So I'd fix that. Maybe make it a blue that matched the stripes on the girl's shirt.

DM - Er, you sound so sure the set would meet requirements for future rounds of PPTTG. Well, okay. Anyway. Stop colorizing. The faded image of her in the background doesn't look that great. And the font you used it a little too thin. Overall, this set is just too empty.

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:35 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Flame wrote:
Ryu - First set is too empty. The scratchy sort of look of the tect doesn't go with the rest of the set.
For the second set, I find nothing wrong except for there being no blue background in the av on the left side. It'd be pretty much perfect if you fixed that.

Chii - Subtext is a little small. I love the pink and black tones...Eh. Nothing much really that I can find.

Phantom - The background doesn't match the picture at all. So I'd fix that. Maybe make it a blue that matched the stripes on the girl's shirt.

DM - Er, you sound so sure the set would meet requirements for future rounds of PPTTG. Well, okay. Anyway. Stop colorizing. The faded image of her in the background doesn't look that great. And the font you used it a little too thin. Overall, this set is just too empty.

I've always made my entries before I've gotten the requirements and if I haven't met them, I remake the set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:07 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

DM -- I love the colour of the set (it is blue). The faded image of Hilary in the signature could be a bit more faded. The Cadet Kelly text on the signature could also stand out a bit more. All-in-all, I give the set a 7/10.

Anyways, can someone rate this layout I just made for a contest, please and thanks? It is the first layout that I have ever made.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/ ... y-ch23.jpg

I am posting the link, rather than the actual image, because the layout is 1000x800.

------------------

Thanks to the wonderful Neko for the amazing set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:11 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Phantom: The subtext doesn't go with the picture, I feel. It should really be a bouncy set, not something like that. Five out of ten.

DM: It feels a bit strange to see two images of her on the set. Maybe if there had only been one, the set would look a little better. Good colour, and font is good. Seven out of ten.

bluehawaii: For me, this layout is too full. Too many pictures of *that guy*. Don't know who he is. Also, a lot of writing. It doesn't obscure the hyperlinks, but takes the attention away from them, in my opinion.

Can someone please rate my current set, which is this (in case I change it):

Image Image

And this set:

Image Image

And another:

Image Image

On all three sperate occasions, I was experimenting on PSP7, which I'm learning how to use.

Thanks. :P ^^

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

anubis: set1: the subtext is not really visible a lot on the sig, there also is a lot of empty space in the sig, on subblack the border isn't visible, but it's really sweet and simple.
set2: The background is really cool, the dolphin wasn't cut from the white background very good... and another font would be cool too
set3: again, nice background, the ava better should show the dragon's head

Here's a tip for erasing the white background, don't use the pencil eraser, either use the paint or airbrush, it's more smooth :P

---

someone rate my set?

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:54 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Jens: Nice cutouts. o.o How did you get the squares? However, it probably go so well. The only thing that bugs me is too much empty space. I also think that the text would look better in white, but with the same border as the subtext. Nice set, overall. :)

Anubis: First of all: stop using Arial. I love the backgrounds on them though. I noticed you have the white-pixel problem. Just use the tolerence on the fill in PSP until it looks good. :) The first set's image is too pixely. The third set seemeds reall good, except for two things: the arial problem, and it's 12 PX over the limit.

--------------------------
Since the last set didn't go so well, today's Teen Titans reminded me.
Image Image
Original pic: http://thoiathoing.250free.com/StarGCSetMP.jpg

I know the clone thing is really weird looking. I gave up. If you want a list of all I did, please PM me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:56 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Flame wrote:

Colorizing is her style..everbody has got one. I dont feel she needs to change it unless she wants to. :)

Anyways,moving on:

DM #1: "Cadet Kelly" needs to stand out a little more and the faded image may look better if it was flipped around..but..honestly,I like it. I remember I used to LOVE Cadet Kelly..memories.. 8/10.

DM #2: Your newest posted set is very nice. The text overlapping onto her ear/slight part of her face is the only problem I see. 8/10.

Jens: This is a very nice set,all in all. Your name on the avatar is a little hard to read at first glance,but thats okay. Only thing I dislike,mostly,is how the transparent blocks are different sizes. But I'm sure you meant for them to be. 8/10.

Anubis #1: Out of all of these,this is my favorite. The subtext is a little hard to read,and more of the horse could be shown,but..I can see you are improving. :) 7/10.

Anubis #2: I kind of like how simple this is. My only suggestions are maybe rezizing the signature to see more of the Dolphn,and either have your name in capitals on both or normal. :) 7.5/10.

Anubis #3: I like how the Dragon blends into the background so well. The text is pretty easy to read. The quality isn't as good as the others,though. I think the Dragon's head also needs to be in the avatar,but thats just personal taste,really. 7/10.

Phantom: I love this! The subtext is a little hard to read,but all in all,its great. 9.5/10.

Last edited by Kitten Medli on Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Medli : I believe Jens' set actually says "A path towards the stars".

Jens : I like the set. It's simple, but very nice. I love the image you used. My only complaint is that the transparent boxes are very large and distracting. 7/10

Dm was on fire! : I love the font you used, but I don't like how it overlaps the characters face. The set seems a bit empty. I'm not exactly sure what it is missing, though. I think the position of the subtext adds to the slight emptiness of the set. 5/10

-- rate my current set, I suppose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:36 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'm not using Arial. o.O

Thanks for all the tips, everyone. ^^

robot - Purdy. The only thing I would say, is that the text is a little hard to read, but I can read it if I squint. Otherwise, it is very good. 9/10.

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:39 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

robot - delicious set there

i like the way the car is sorta' vectored onto the image, it stands out. goos show. i also like the wavy text, a tad hard to read, but managable. 9/10

rate this set i made?

Image Image

v: Lifebreather ----- c: Neko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:22 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Moogie - I really dislike that subtext font, it's too hard to read. The animation for it is fine though. The rest of it is good, but the use of brushes (I think, at least), makes it seem a bit busy and crowded.

Rate this set I made, please? I've just moved over to PS, so it's kinda bad.

Gone, forever.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next