Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Photoshop 7 features
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:16 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I'm probably getting photoshop 7 for my birthday (in february) and I was wondering about all the new features that version has, like what are the new tools, effects and all the other cool stuff. How different is it from ps 6? (thats the current version I'm using)

Also, does anyone know anything about cs, is it really worth getting?

Edit: And how is the learning version different from the normal one?

Thank you

-used to be darklegend-
currently: lurking ^-^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:05 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
I love photoshop seven, but I can honestly say that unless you go buy a user's guide for the rpogram, you will probably get more out of a less complex program. It's really an amazing tool, with tons of flexibility. Learn the keyboard shortcuts, learn about layers and paths and the filters and brushes. All the illos and web/logo junk I've done in the last year and a half or so has been on PS7. Do a search on google for I.C.Kessler and you'll see some of the illustrations & stuff I've done with it. (It should be the top pick for that search)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gosh, I can't even remember back that far, it's been a long time since I worked with PS 6, and it was definitely my least favorite incarnation of Photoshop.
Well, first off, I'm fairly sure there's no functional difference between the educational version and the retail version. The only real difference I've ever noted is in the price and the "Educational Version" written across the bottom of the boot screen and in the About box.
Now let's think...Um...I'm pretty sure that Layer Fill options are new to PS7+ (good for "glassy" effects, Fill affects only layer data, leaving layer styles at their own settings), as well as a few new (but not very different) layer blending modes. I'm also fairly sure that there are new filters, but I can't think of any specific new ones offhand.
Oh yes, there's also their celebrated new tool, the Healing Brush/Patch Tool. It's very similar to the Clone Stamp and simply dragging and dropping good data to a damaged area, but these tools have a special algorithm that blends them in with their surroundings by matching color, tone, and texture (IE: Sampling an area of purple and applying it to an area of white, the healing brush would turn the applied purple to white).
I can't remember if this is an upgrade, but I don't recall PS6 having dynamic brushes. PS7 allows all sorts of customizable settings for brushes (alternating colors, shape rotation, texture, size variation, etc.). But actually, I don't know many people who use that at all aside from the presets.
That's really all I can remember that's new from 6 to 7, I'm sure there are other things I forgot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:14 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I use photoshop 7.0

I've had it 2 years and STILL can't figure out all of it's features (or even half of them) LOL! :roflol:

It is a great program though ;)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]