An artistic oracle. Meet fellow creators and swap advice. Every skill you can imagine is on show.
Topic locked

Flash 6 Help

Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:31 am

I now have flash and I want to know how to add sounds to animations.
Does anyone know how?
I want a person to tell me not a tutorial.
Because tutorials don't answer your questions when you run into problems.

Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:38 am

I do believe sound has to be added in a separate layer. I'm not quite sure what goes after that, I've forgotten...

But really, tutorials do help and answer your questions, if you know where to look and if you have at least some logic. Try Flashkit.

Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:02 am

I'm not sure about flash 6 but in 5 you could drag and drop sound into the layers. The only problem with sound in flash is that you cannot edit the sound itself but you can set sounds to instances such as clicking a button and such. The best suggestion for you if you have the money is to buy "A Visual Quickstart guide to Macromedia Flash 6" Visual quickstart guides are the best. I own one for photoshop and quark xpress and they really help a lot. Make sure if you get one that you get one for the right type of computer. They are usually seperate, mac from windows, although my photoshop is for both.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:09 am

Ah yes, so it was drag and drop...

Well, there's one simple way to edit sound- that is, to crop and use parts of sounds that you have- though, as long as it's not some complex file. Go to Sound Recorder (if you're on Windows XP, that's Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Entertainment >> Sound Recorder), then move to a position before or after what you want to delete. Use Edit >> Delete Sound Before/After This Position.
Topic locked