An artistic oracle. Meet fellow creators and swap advice. Every skill you can imagine is on show.
Topic locked

Transperancy Help

Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:35 am

I need major help with transparency!

Is there any particular trick to using the background eraser? Because whenever I try it does....absolutely nothing.

Also, is there a way to make something like a picture, with text next to it, without anything around the text? I tried to make this: Image

with just the draik and text, but it wasn't transparent. It said that it was on photoshop, but when I uploaded it it had a white background. Once I added the colors behind the text, though, the transparency stayed.

Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:20 am

Did you select trasparent at the start screen? Select that and then you can erase the background with normal eraser and it will come out transparent.

Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:02 am

I'm pretty sure I did....I'm usually pretty concious about that stuff. But I'll try it.

Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:51 am

when saving a file, you must choose "save for web"

and also, you must use either a GIF or a PNG file, which are the only oens which support transperancy

Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:18 pm

I'm not sure how but could someone tell me how to do it? I'd like to know how you make a doubble shot with the same picture where one is fadded or trancparent.
Topic locked