Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The Sims 2 University
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:32 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Okay, I love The Sims 2 and I was wondering if anyone here has bought the expansion pack, and if it's worth the money. What's your opinion? I'm considering getting it. I think some aspects look good, but I don't know a whole lot about what's in it, like the web site doesn't tell you a whole lot.

Thanks for your input.

:)

"How are you?"
The letter from her stopped suddenly..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I want to get it as well and was wondering what the heck was in it.
Because as you said.. the website doesn't really tell you.
I might get it.. not sure... *shrugs*
If I do before anyone responds to this.. I'll be sure to report back with how it is lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:03 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I've got in on preorder because it doesn't come out until the 1tth (is it out in the US already?) I can't wait. I'm sure the new stage of life thing at university will be pretty cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

OK.. Got it today.
It seems ok.. but as far as I can tell.. you can't build a dorm of your own and you can't edit any of the premade ones (that are already on the ground or ones that you can place.)
I mean you can change wallpaper floors and add in flowers and such.. but you can't edit the actual building structure.
Cool thing about the dorms is that they all seem to have cooks.. and you have to claim your room.
And if you've downloaded clothes for teens or adults... none will work with your lil college kids that you create... which is really disappointing to me :(
There's a couple of pretty cute new hair styles.. and some items.. and yeah...I haven't played it all that much yet.
I'm gonna have to muster up some patience and actually play the game so I can see what everything is like heh.

Another bad thing...... the smallest dorm is a 5 room one.. and if anyone else's computer is like mine... we all know that once it gets up to 3+ sims in the same place at once.. the game will start lagging.
So 5+ people walking around in one small area makes the game lag for me (if anyone has a solution for this I'd love to hear it :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:12 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Shollia wrote:
OK.. Got it today.
It seems ok.. but as far as I can tell.. you can't build a dorm of your own and you can't edit any of the premade ones (that are already on the ground or ones that you can place.)
I mean you can change wallpaper floors and add in flowers and such.. but you can't edit the actual building structure.
Cool thing about the dorms is that they all seem to have cooks.. and you have to claim your room.
And if you've downloaded clothes for teens or adults... none will work with your lil college kids that you create... which is really disappointing to me :(
There's a couple of pretty cute new hair styles.. and some items.. and yeah...I haven't played it all that much yet.
I'm gonna have to muster up some patience and actually play the game so I can see what everything is like heh.

Another bad thing...... the smallest dorm is a 5 room one.. and if anyone else's computer is like mine... we all know that once it gets up to 3+ sims in the same place at once.. the game will start lagging.
So 5+ people walking around in one small area makes the game lag for me (if anyone has a solution for this I'd love to hear it :) )

Yea, I have that problem and I have the solution. Get a better PC. That seems to work for my friend. I want TS2U but unfortunately my computer is a shed and if I want a new computer I have to buy it myself.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:11 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Pfftt... new computer.. yeah.. gimme the money and I'll go buy one right now :P heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Shollia wrote:
OK.. Got it today.
It seems ok.. but as far as I can tell.. you can't build a dorm of your own

Actually, you can build your own dorms. It just involves a cheat code to change the zoning. Once you've built it, shift+ctrl+c and type changelotzoning dorm (can replace dorm with residential/community/secretsociety/greek). And that will also be a nice solution to your problem with too many sims, because I'd assume you can make as few of dorm rooms as you like.

[Edit: It might also be changelot_zoning dorm, I've seen it listed both ways on the BBS]

And I've found the game to be positively lovely. In part because there is finally a non-cheat way to age townies. Little Meadow Thayer was my first university student in Pleasantville. ^_^ But, there are quite a few people who are having some very extreme difficulties with the game (not me). I don't know if it is due to hacks, viruses on their machines, or simply not having the right specs, but there are definitely some issues for some people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:18 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Oooo a cheat code.. I'm gonna have to go searching for it to see exactly what it is :)
Thanks for the heads up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:04 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Its not too bad I was expecting better though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:09 am 

Doesn't sound that good... Sims 2 is enough for me. SimCity 4 is even berrer (for me)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Shollia wrote:
Oooo a cheat code.. I'm gonna have to go searching for it to see exactly what it is :)
Thanks for the heads up!

This thread on the BBS is well written and should have accurate info on how to do it. The cheat itself should also be listed in the readme file that came with the game.

Last edited by MyleneFarmer on Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I got it couple nights ago :)
Made myself a luxery 3room dorm heh.

I have to go and update alot of the items I had downloaded though so they would be compatible with the expansion. Ugh.. that took forever....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:36 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

can you interact with non-university sims? like can you have a sim in the university and one in the neighborhood and they interact (phone, visit, etc.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I got it yesterday and it seems ok :)

I'd have prefered pets as a first expansion, but the university is a great step up. Its a kind of period of time to get up some skill points and not have to worry about other things, aswell as being able to meet alot of new family freinds. My person JUST graduated (physics major) with a GPA of 3.9 :) (no idea what that means i'm australian) But yeh, so far its been interesting. I loved being able to interact with the other sims but not actually control them even though they lived on my lot! *hehe i stole things from their rooms in buy mode*.

I also liked locking the doors and stuff... And the bonfire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:15 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
I just saw a commercial for this expansion pack last night, and I'm still not sure if I'm interested in it. What is there to do? Just live in a dorm? Or are there actual classes you have to run to?

Hah, I should get this for my friend who is going to college next year, though. As a little "warm-up" gift. ;)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next