PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

PC RPGs

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:26 am

I'm looking for really good online RPGs that I can play for free. I know a lot of people like World of Warcraft, but I just can't shell out the money for something like that. Thanks for your help!

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:44 am

it hard to find good rpg for free. Diablo 2 is an ok rpg and it very cheap to buy now.

Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:35 pm

Guild Wars-It is coming out in April, it will be free, it is an MMORPG.

Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:27 pm

There is also Rose Online, its at Roseon.com first you make an account then, you just go to the downloads page and download the game :) though its a long download, and its in its beta stages still, its free ( besides, eventually they will go into closed beta so you wouldnm't be able to join afterwards) its very fun and hope you would like it if you decided to try it :)

(no there is no spyware or viruses or anything)

Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:40 pm

I just got Neverwinter Nights. I really like it so far. Though I'm currently waiting for my husband to get over his breif EQ obsession so he can play NWN with me...

It's decent game play and I really like it a lot.

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:52 am

Nunaamr'e wrote:There is also Rose Online, its at Roseon.com first you make an account then, you just go to the downloads page and download the game :) though its a long download, and its in its beta stages still, its free ( besides, eventually they will go into closed beta so you wouldnm't be able to join afterwards) its very fun and hope you would like it if you decided to try it :)

(no there is no spyware or viruses or anything)

I here it is a lot of fun, but i never check it out my self, i guess now i will have to, lol. If i can get in while it free great, lol.

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:36 am

you can try out maple story. it's free. well you can try out FFXI if you want, but you have to pay to play the game and the character you make will be $1 each.

note: those are just MMORPGs

Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:59 am

Diablo 2 w/ expansion is nice... That's the only free online game I play. Otherwise it's World of Warcraft all the way :P

Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:06 pm

Ah gud old diablo 2 was definitely the best. You hafta get the expansion with it, its old so its dirt cheap. Hours and hours of fun, you'll get addicted for sure.

Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:33 am

There's a kinda old game called Dungeon Siege. You can play the regular game.. or you can go online for free and play it. You can join in on someone else's game (think it's up to 8 people.. not sure).. or you can do your own.

There's supposed to be a Dungeon Siege 2 coming out some time. It might also feature the free online play as well :)

Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:51 am

Online RPGs, eh?

Let's start with Ragnarok Online on a Private Server. That's right, no fees. You can play for free. AnimeConnection has a good private server that I play on sometimes. The only hitch? an 800meg download to get you started.

Then there's Planeshift:Crystal Blue. In a very alpha stage at the moment, I've been with them since the first release, when you could only pick up crystals. Now they've added fighting, quests, magic, mining and much more. Definitely worth a look, even with a 200 meg download. It's free, and states it will always be free. website? http://www.planeshift.it

Hmmm...Fairyland's gone P2P, so that's no good...pity, because it was a wonderful game...

Yes, as you may be able to tell, I am a poor student. I don't have the money to spend on monthly fees etc, so I poke around the internet and find nice free games. ^^

Oh, AdventureQuest! Can't forget AQ! Nearly no download size, is played in a browser, and I love the game. that's http://www.battleon.com

Play ProgressQuest. Go on. Try it. Now. http://www.progressquest.com/

That's about it from me at the moment...I just invested in 5 new games (at 1/5 the usual price) over the last three days, so I'm about to get myself drowned in Champions of Norrath for the next few days. ^^
Topic locked