Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:08 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
When I was 14 I was playing the SNES version of Super Street Fighter II at the boarding school that I went to back then and me and the person I was (His name was Lee Perry) against were playing the game during a thunderstorm at night.

The lightning from outside came in through the aerial of the television and into the SNES both frying the SNES (Preventing the SNES from working properly), the game (Killing the game), and the SNES controllers (Malfunctioning the controllers); The shock that me an Lee got from the SNES Controllers caused us to drop the contollers.

That was the story of the only time I have recieved a electrical shock in my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:09 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: Well, if the little icon says I'm online, than I'm probably hunched over in front of the 'puter...
HOW DID I MISS THIS TOPIC UNTIL NOW??!!!!

Let me see. Where to begin. Uhhh, me, bout age three, when we moved into a new house. I snuck downstairs to the unfinished basement, looked at the electrical socket (the cover plate wasn't on it) and i reached around and grabbed it... ZOT!! I blew the circuit breaker.

I then electrocuted myself numerous times as I grew older, from batteries to electrical appliences to other random stuff.

Most recent I was rewiring the garage at work while my boss rewired the next room over. With both of us working on the wires, we missed shutting off one of the wires (multiple circuits in the box) and as I stripped that wire the electricity grounded through my left hand to the box... a few choice words later I went and shut off the power to that whole side of the building.

Best electrocution story goes to my dad though. Back around when he first got married, he managed an apartment complex in Ohio. Going to do work on an electric stove in one apartment (they were like condos - 8 grouped next to each other side by side) he turned off the power at the circuit breaker box in the basement. Going to the kitchen, he grabbed the electric element and turned it over in his hands... then woke up 20 minutes later on the other side of the room with a dent in the fridge door where he bounced off of it. After turning off the electricity to the entire complex, he went back and found the electricians, when they built the place, crossed the wires from the two adjoining apartments so he turned off the stove next door and the power that was still on next door fed the stove he electrocuted himself on.

Fun stuff!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:34 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Whenever I touch my stove and refrigerator at the same time, it burns my fingers. I dont know whats up with that, but it hurts pretty good. Static electricity has been wild here recently too. Ever since we got carpet, innocent things shock me horribly. My finger hurt for an hour after I touched the computer mouse the other day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:37 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I had to adjust the dish outside and I touched the bit where the wire joins the dish, and got a small shock. It was a bit bigger than static but not really huge so I assumed it was just a bit of static. I touched it again just to check and I got zapped a bit more heh

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:55 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

... Last month.. I was listening to my MP3.. and I passed beside this very old TV tahst like full of static electricity, yknow that.. 30 cm away and all my hair sticks on it.. and my headphones touched the TV when I passed beside the TV...
Oh my gosh it hurt my eeear! loll
:P

Caroline Bélisle aka Caro
willing to know you.

Post subject: Re: Shocking!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:54 am 

Well, I remember that once I was cooking some eggs for breakfast and I opened the fridge for some butter. All of a sudden theres a battery in the fridge and Im like, what the? So I got it and I held it in my hand while I got the butter. Then I put the butter on the pan and then I forgot about the battery, mistook it for gum, and....
BZZZZZAAAAAAAAP!

Ski wrote:
And now I really want to lick a nine volt battery. o_O

....Oookay....*hands you a ten volt battery*

Tra la la...oh look a shiny penny!
*picks up*
ZOMG THAT THING IS OLD!!!
Really? Cool! Ill sell it.
NO LIKE GIVE IT TO ME!no me!NOOOO MEEE LYKE T0T4LLY CH4TSP34K!!
MEEE! MEEE!
GIVE IT TO ME ME MEg1v3 p3nny t0 m4st3r pl0x!?2!2!?@?1@!?!1?!??
Oh boy...
*runs away*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:01 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Never stick a knife in a toaster. Nuh-uh. I learnt that one pretty well. I mean, it was a perfectly rational thing to do. Here I am, out of cereal and resorting to toast for an adequate breakfast, and when the toast has popped up, only one slice managed to escape teh fiery inferno (..heating elements..), while the other one was still inside, trapped by the wire mesh that accomodates the toasting process. Needless to say, I grabbed the nearest thing and came to the rescue. I got the toast out of its deadly grasp (the mesh), but as I was withdrawing from my hasty endeavor, I touched something I probably shouldn't have, and an angry spark jolted out, the knife conducted a shock, catching me unawares, and I uh, dropped the knife out of surprise.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:18 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Grabbed an electric fence wire - the thing about them, is that you don't get shocked until after you let go, and even then, you don't notice until you walk away.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:49 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Christopher wrote:
Grabbed an electric fence wire - the thing about them, is that you don't get shocked until after you let go, and even then, you don't notice until you walk away.

Were you missing your faculties, or what?

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:15 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

On my computer course I touched 2 monitors at once, got a tremendous shock.
And managed to get the guy on the next comp to do it!

I need a new sig. >_>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:24 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The amount of times I've pulled out the power cord to my laptop, and accidentally grabbed the prongs as I was doing it..

Also at work, the banquets kitchen.. about 3 of the benches give me darn electric shocks 90% of the time. Thankfully I'm normally up in the main kitchen, but it's NOT NICE when you're trying to pick up nicely balanced places of food from said benches.

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

well i knew that my microwave could have static electricity and could shock me so one time I went and I microwaved some left overs that I had sitting in the fridge, without experienceing any for of a shock, so I was so surprised when I went to open up the fridge again to get a drink only to be freakishly electricaly shocked by the bottled of milk I was reaching for.......weird I know...... :o

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I was just listening to music before and the headphones blew, and I couldn't hear out of my one ear. My brother says he actually saw the spark.

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

One of the slides at the playground across the field from my school has crazy static. Makes it less fun to chase the little kids around when I go over to the preschool. :P

No, I never officially left; yes, I am gone forever. I have also permanently left AIM. If you need to contact me, drop a line on LJ. Same username.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:08 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

My dad grabbed an electric fence and it knocked a filling out of his tooth.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3