If you're feeling down and blue and need a little pick-me-up, then this is the place to be people!
Topic locked

Typos

Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:20 pm

Inspired by the NaNoisms thread on NaNoWriMo.

Haha, I love that thread a lot. So, post some of your most embarassing typos. We've all done them, so don't be embarrassed. :P

"...buses two, four, and sex then followed"
It was supposed to be six. XD

"And don't worry, my little sidehicks will stop any attempt to get out." (paraphrased -- don't remember how it went originally)
Too much Taylor Hicks that day. Seriously.

"I don't remember much, but I think Durban might've killed you."
You know who you are with this one. *ahem*

"My blowing partner is Herman!"
It was Mexican Flag Day when I was listening to RadioU a while back, and they were "translating" the Mexican Pledge of Allegiance. Smitty said "my bowling partner is Herman!", and so I just thought it sounded funny, and made it my quote of the day. That's what happened when I typed it. XD

"Iunno. I never pay attention to you."
Seriously, PPT oldies. Who could forget this one? :o For some of the newer PPTers...it was in reply to a poll by Paul which the topic was "Is your tongue round or pointed?". I meant to say "I don't pay attention to it", but instead I instead typed "you" for no apparent reason. For a while, a lot of people were talking about it and I was super embarrased. His reply was "Thanks". XD

EDIT -- here's one more!
"We've all done them, so don't be embarrassed. P"
That's called forgetting the colon. XD (I usually handtype all my smilies)

PERMA-PERSIMMON'D! :roflol:

(Mods - let me know if some of them aren't PPT appropriate)

Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:44 pm

The one that comes to mind is the one from that chat room where we were arguing about integers...but that's not mine to post, nor is it PPT-appropriate.

I can't remember any others right now. I'll think about it, because I probably have made some funny typos.

Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:00 pm

I tend to write abomut instead of about - I have no idea why but it just happens o.o

Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:05 am

Ah....I miss the 'r' in 'shirt' constantly for some reason, especially during roleplays....Leads to some interesting conversations before I realize what I've done :oops:

Daren looked in his shirt, searching for the key he'd found earlier....

You get the idea. :peace:

Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:20 am

Uhh I make a typo per second so I've had quite a few.

The most embarassing one was typoing my own name, Max.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:53 am

My then boyfriend wanted some nickname for me then. After a strange convo , he decided on socks.

Of course, the first time he type it, he used a c instead of an s.

Lets just say, he never found a nickname for me after that one.

And of course, its not fair that the f and d key are next to each other, espically when your having a conversation about ducks.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:57 am

hakojo wrote:Daren looked in his shirt, searching for the key he'd found earlier....

Hahaha. XD

DM! You forgot ike. "ike a spotlight.." XD What was the Durban thing? xD

I can't think of anything right now.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:42 am

Anoohilator wrote:I tend to write abomut instead of about - I have no idea why but it just happens o.o

i write aobut and tlak, and all sorts of random re-arrangements of words. i'm terrible for typos, most of my IM conversations consist of about 1/3 of my lines correcting the previous ones!

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:12 am

I usually know I made a typo right after I've typed it, and I simply backspace and rewrite, so I usually don't make posted typos xP

Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:25 pm

_jade_em_ wrote:I usually know I made a typo right after I've typed it, and I simply backspace and rewrite, so I usually don't make posted typos xP

Me too. That's why I can't remember any funny typos I made. They can't be found in any posts or anything, so I have to search my memory.

My most-typoed word is "birthday" ("brithday"), and then "history" ("histroy") is next.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:37 pm

I typo things that are similiar to my name.

Becayse - Because
Ayses - Eyes
Aysetralia - Australia

You get the idea ;)

Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:09 pm

"You" often becomes "toy". I don't know how.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:29 pm

I always tend to repeat an extra letter on the end if the word begins and ends with the same letter. A lot of times when I type "yay" I type "yaya" by accident. :P Sometimes I position my hands on the keyboard wrong if I'm not paying attention - the one time I meant to type "yes" but I accidently typed "urd". :lol:

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:43 pm

Bangel wrote:"You" often becomes "toy". I don't know how.

If you type with your fingers on asdf and jkl; just imagine moving your right hand over to hjkl, then typing "you," and you'll see it. It's the same way "smile" becomes "snuke."

I don't have excellent blood circulation, so my hands are cold a lot. The colder my hands, the more likely I am to make typos. No particularly bad ones come to mind, though sometimes I'll be talking to people whose names end with an N, and I'll add a G to their name. "Hi Beng!"

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:27 pm

Once I typed a name, but accidently one key over so it didn't turn out correctly. It did, however, make a sensible word.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the name I meant to type or the word... o_o
Topic locked