If you're feeling down and blue and need a little pick-me-up, then this is the place to be people!
Topic locked

What's your favorite season?

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:14 pm

I noticed the change of weather today, and since today is the first offical day of fall, it made me think of this question.

Personally, my favorite season is summer, since it gets nice and warm here where I live, plus I have no school then! :D I kind of like late fall/winter because it's when all of my favorite holidays and my birthday take place, but I HATE the cold weather. So, what's your favorite season of the year?

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:45 pm

I like autumn because it's cool enough that I can snuggle up under the covers at night, but at the same time not freezing. And the leaves are so pretty....

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:51 pm

I like Spring and Summer, I like to be really warm but not enough to make me extremely tan.

I, personally, hate Fall/Winter and I cannot stand them. I swear, I'm going to move somewhere where's it hot all the time! Hawaii, here I come!

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:47 pm

Winter ftw!

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:52 pm

Summer. I love being able to swim every day! Plus, Summer here includes Christmas and my birthday :P

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:59 pm

Weatherwise, anything but summer. Because in winter I get to ski and skate and snow and ice are awesome. And spring and autumn are just the perfect still kinda cool but not freezing so you can be outside a lot. And they're really pretty. Autumn's a major tourist season where I live because of the leaves changing colors. I don't like summer so much though, because heat makes me feel sick.
Non-weatherwise though, summer. Because I don't have to go to school and instead I get to go to lots of awesome camps and festivals.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:12 pm

Any season but Summer, I hate it. I dislike hot and humid weather and that's all there is during the summer around here. The autumns are the best. (today we have an autumn-like temperature and its AMAZING).

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:40 pm

I like summer the best. I'm basically cold all the time, so as long as it's not in the ninties I'm happy. Plus, my birthday's in August.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:21 am

I like both autumn and spring. Spring because everything comes into flower and the buds on the trees start coming out. The temperatures are usually mild and the smells of the flowers on the wind is lovely :)

Autumn because it's usually a fresh and brisk season and the colours of the trees are pretty. Plus, it can be mild or even warm but you can still snuggle down at night as it gets cold.

I like summer and winter too. I like every season :)

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:39 am

Autumn. More specifically, when the autumn "smell" starts to fill the air. I guess the smell is actually rotting leaves...around here it starts to make itself known around October. I just love that smell, because it means the good part of fall is here.
Spring's too cold, summer's too hot, and winter's never strong enough. My senior year we went the whole winter without a snow day, and this is Kentuck, where they close the schools for two inches of snow.
Last edited by Mongrel on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:13 am

Summer. I love hot weather, plus no school is a huge plus.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:04 am

Any season but summer. Spring is often quite nice with all the rain.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:16 am

I thought you were referring to TV Seasons... >_<

Anyways, I do like summer. I dont mind hot weather. :)

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:40 am

Hm..... :thinks:
It really depend on my mood. Sometimes I like spring, sometimes summer, other times fall, and winter.
I think I like autumn right now because it's autumn :D

Why is it called 'fall'?

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:45 pm

hikaru_dream wrote:Why is it called 'fall'?

The American word, I think. Maybe comes from the falling of leaves? :P Personally I think "autumn" both looks and sounds better.

My favourite season is probably spring. I like the summer too, but it's because of the holidays, not the weather xD
Topic locked