If you're feeling down and blue and need a little pick-me-up, then this is the place to be people!
Topic locked

Would you rather be a star or a planet

Planet
38%
Star
62%

Total votes : 37

Would you rather be a star or a planet?

Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:15 am

Would you rather be a star or a planet?

I had this debate at school. The majority came up stars, I don't know why though...
I personally, would rather be a planet beacause they can support life and ecosystems.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:28 am

Star. If I was a planet, I'd have a bunch of asteroids wailing on me, and the life I support might be annoying, so I'd rather just be a big ball o' gas. :P

Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:55 am

Star. I'd rather be something that has a life cycle...you'd think I could find a better term, considering I'm taking Astronomy now and have taken it in the past too.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:22 am

Hmm... planet. Because eventually stars are going to die. ;) Then again, stars are nice... Eh.

So long as I wasn't Pluto. I don't want to be an "emo" kid who's entire life is a lie and have to cry myself to sleep every night. ;_; Poor, poor Pluto.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:59 am

Star for sure. I think I am one already. I have a lot of gas and enough mass to collapse in on myself :P

Serious, I would be a star just so I could collapse into a black hole or neutron star instead :P

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:38 am

a planet. i'm not sure why though.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:48 am

Kugetsu wrote:Hmm... planet. Because eventually stars are going to die. ;) Then again, stars are nice... Eh.

So long as I wasn't Pluto. I don't want to be an "emo" kid who's entire life is a lie and have to cry myself to sleep every night. ;_; Poor, poor Pluto.

Yea, but the Planets will be destroed when the sun dies anyway. At least when Stars sie they get to become awesome black holes and suck light and time into them. A bit like my History teacher.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:14 am

star... cause if the planets smurf me off, I can crash into them and make them explode.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:33 am

A star. Because they look pretty. And stuff.

*insert insightful answer here*

Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:12 am

A Star, it would feel gross to have trillions of things crawling on me...oh wait...?

Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:59 am

A star. Because stars are pretty? :P

Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:15 am

Skynetmain wrote:Star for sure. I think I am one already. I have a lot of gas and enough mass to collapse in on myself :P

:roflol:

*dead* Best response ever.

As for me...star. White dwarf, please. Center of attention, small but extremely hot. No one messes with you!

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:13 pm

Gotta go with Star too.
But mainly because I immagine I could convince some little species to build me a physicly corporeal body and then I could become the embodiment of Death.

I may play too much Warhammer o_O

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:21 pm

Star since they can be a lot more interesting than most planets. Besides. they sparkle and I like shiny things. :P

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:39 pm

Star, but not for any real scientific reason. They're just prettier.
Topic locked