Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Why don't you role play?
I always role play! 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
I just don't like role playing 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
It's a pain in the butt/waste of time 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
There's never enough people anyway 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
There's no rp I want to participate in 38%  38%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 29
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:41 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

There's no roleplay I want to participate in.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:41 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

:) I always used to want to RP, however, did not due to fear of lack of skill... I think maybe, I want the story to steer in a certain direction, while it strays off somewhere I don't want it going, hehe. And also, I have a lot of coursework at the moment, so sadly, I would find no time to indulge in it.

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:42 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm not creative enough for most of the RPs that are around xD

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I love to RP. There are several that I am doing right now that I am thinking of novelizing. If one has an RP/novel idea, PM it to me! I could probably make it work with one's help.

Co-Chair of the Sugarinii/Tasha Fan Club
Set by my hero, DM!
FFR. Augustine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I used to roleplay, but got bored.

I don't know, maybe if I see a good plot, I'll join.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm in a roleplay that's been going on for 5 years and is still going strong. So yes, I RP. :)

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:02 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I love to RP, but as for here on PPT, I haven't come across anything that has caught my eye as of yet.

I should try and kick off my own.....

Anyway, I RP on a few site, but most are small and quiet since they were recently kicked-off by friends, is the activity is low. I really should hunt down more active places and give my writing skills a work out.

Augustine: It began as one man's dream; it became his empire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:21 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I love to RP but I haven't had to time or found an RP that interests me as of now :S

IDB Supermod and Rater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:34 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Only play Paper and pen RPGS (D&D, Vampire etc) and even then, failry sparcely these days.
Mainly because I tend to have completely insane characters.

Manichly depressed Klepto/Pyromaniac.

The Kobold who spoke in nothing but complete gibberish.

The Dwarven Cleric who killed off the guy we were meant to save (To prevent the rising of a dark G-D...)
Who then admitedly kileld off said dark G-D himself.
And Became a Lich... And was on his way to Demi-lich.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:22 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Because I really suck at it, It takes me forever to come up with something to say and my writting skills are horrible. It also takes a lot of time and I just don't like to spent so much time on something.

-used to be darklegend-
currently: lurking ^-^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:09 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
I loooooove to roleplay, but there hasn't been anything that interested me lately. I've created a few RPs before, but I tend to only do so when things are active, as I'm impatient and if things are unactive, the RP eventually dies with no ending and so I don't want to risk putting my best ideas forth only for them to crash and burn violently.

Dragonfire wrote:
Well, I believe that before the Great Reset of 2004, the RP boards were really active. I think what also happened was that most of the people who RPed left.

Both of your assumptions are correct, but the first is only half so. It wasn't the crash in '04 that killed the board, it was really the timewarp in August of '03- the forum went down and when it was back up, all the posts from the past week were deleted, aside from one exception- the RP board. The ENTIRE RP board was wiped clean- all RP threads deleted. And trust me, that was A LOT. A WHOLE GIANT GREAT HUGE GINORMOUS AMOUNT OF LOT. There was even a 350+ page RP that was deleted (though I think it was over by then, thankfully for the RPers in it).

It was horrible. :cry:

We had been super active before that, but after, while it was active... Not as much. And then the crash (not a reset- the entire forum was deleted and had to be made from scratch again) in '04 was a death sentence- it was fairly active for a little while after that, but in the past year the activity has slowly dwindled down- I remember last July (of '05) I was in a pretty active RP that even finished, but I don't think I've been in any since then- there just hasn't really been anything that interested me.

It's mostly due to many of the active RPers leaving or stopping. I miss so many people that I RPed with and learned to RP with (if anyone even mentions my very first RP post, I'm going to rip them to shreds- it's SO HUMILIATING to think about D= ). I have many fond memories of the RP board, but that's pretty much it.

Oh, great. I've gone and rambled on and on and now I'm depressed about it. :(

Doozer wrote:
I love to RP, but as for here on PPT, I haven't come across anything that has caught my eye as of yet.

I should try and kick off my own.....

Oooh, please do! =)

kiay wrote:
Because I really suck at it, It takes me forever to come up with something to say and my writting skills are horrible. It also takes a lot of time and I just don't like to spent so much time on something.

Don't worry- EVERYONE starts out bad. Everyone, unless they're some sort of prodigy, in which case I hate them and thus deny their very existence. You're probably not as bad as you think. We are our own harshest critics, after all.

RPing helps to develop writing skills, because all that you're really doing is practising over and over again- and it's fun! As long as you follow a plot, develop your character and don't break any really essential rules (no godmodding and no mary sues (or I break every bone in your body =D )), no one cares what quality your writing is.

It doesn't take up THAT much time- it just tends to seem like it. The greatest thing about RPing is that you don't have to really do much aside from help a plot along- the creator makes up the basic plot and story and ends it, while you and other RPers just toss ideas around and go with what you want.

Try it! It's fun.

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the '03 timewarp. I know I was active in a few RPs before the timewarp, then after it I tried to join some but they died. I also remember the 350+ page RP.

And yeah, I think the RP boards here was the first time I actually ever roleplayed, and I remember a lot of the people I RPed with that aren't here anymore. :(

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Xela of Xandra wrote:
Don't worry- EVERYONE starts out bad. Everyone, unless they're some sort of prodigy, in which case I hate them and thus deny their very existence. You're probably not as bad as you think. We are our own harshest critics, after all.

lol It's interesting you mention that because I started role-playing on Prodigy. Anyone remember that internet service? It was a bit like AOL, but different. Then I moved onto AOL role-playing and mIRC. Wow, that really takes me back. <3

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Isn't mIRC like ARGing or something?

Co-Chair of the Sugarinii/Tasha Fan Club
Set by my hero, DM!
FFR. Augustine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

ryan.riverside wrote:
Isn't mIRC like ARGing or something?

What's ARGing? o_O

And mIRC is a chat program, like AIM, except it's entirely text-based, and people can set up servers, then in the servers there are chatroom channels, and people can set up their own channels and give powers to certain people (highest is owner, then SuperOp, then AutoOp, then HalfOp, then VoiceOp).

RPing in mIRC would be basically doing one line at a time, like "She walks over here" and then "She picks up a drink", etc.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next