If you're feeling down and blue and need a little pick-me-up, then this is the place to be people!
Topic locked

Waiter, There's a Fly in my Soup

Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:48 pm

Last night I was out to dinner and then I was all,

"Uhh waitress, there's a fly in my rice."

So now I'm wondering, have any of you ever had bugs in your food?

Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:53 pm

*remembers terrible, terrible things*

I don't even want to be reminded, but yes. D:

Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:56 pm

I've had a fly.. fly in to my mouth for chrissake. At least you didn't eat the thing :P

Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:21 pm

I've had a fly up my nose.

Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:24 pm

Sugarinii wrote:I've had a fly up my nose.

So have I, while I was cycling. I came home and blew my nose and....eurgh!!

I have once had a bee in my glass of J2O. It got me a couple of free drinks though.

Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:34 pm

Nope, but I did find a a fish eye in one of the school's fish sandwichs.

But speaking of flies, I had a one fly right into my lip and stick there due to the only time I ever wore lipgloss :oops:

Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:59 pm

Having a fly in my soup isn't as bad as having a entrie village of them like Stoke-on-Tern did earlier this year because you can replace said soup but if you have a entrie village of them then you are more likely to get ill if you live in said village.

Back to the question in hand I once found bugs in a brown rice packet at home.
Last edited by Combusken BG on Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:18 pm

I've swallowed a fly (or some other miscellaneous flying insect) while playing sport once, that was rather distracting :(

Ooh! And I once found a spider in a muesli bar I was eating, complete with spiderweb :o That was soooo gross. It was down the opposite end of the packet to the part I had eaten, thank goodness... but still! *blergh*

Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:56 pm

I've found bugs in my cereal because my dad doesn't close the boxes and stuff all the way... <_<

But that's about it.

Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:31 pm

Spider on my shoulder on several occassions.
Damn thing made Shelob look like a penny spider! :o
Course it was about an inch from my face o_O

Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:41 pm

I once found a fly baked into the Gelatin at my school. I haven't eaten Jell-y/o since.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:30 am

I had a fly in my spaghetti.

And I've swallowed them before, too. I've had plenty fly into my eyes when riding horses too... They hurt.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:06 am

Nope. i've swallowed a few things though.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:47 am

Can't remember if I've ever found any in food, but I've swallowed a bug while biking once. Remind me never to bike with my mouth open again.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:39 am

I had an ant get stuck in my eye. And a fly-chicken nugget (not in my eye though).

AND WOKE UP ONCE WITH A WETA ON MY FACE!!11
Topic locked