Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Why don't you role play?
I always role play! 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
I just don't like role playing 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
It's a pain in the butt/waste of time 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
There's never enough people anyway 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
There's no rp I want to participate in 38%  38%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 29
 Post subject: Role Playing
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:55 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I love role playing, and I love the PPT RP boards more. Don't know why, maybe it's because most stories are interesting.
Well anyway, there's usually not many people on the RP boards here. I guess that the time doesn't match or something. I just wanted to know why :oops: And maybe get more people to come to the rp boards.
So, please tell me what you think.

ImageImage[/url]Image
neopets→hikaru_shineImage
Flyff (Mia)→HikaruKi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, I believe that before the Great Reset of 2004, the RP boards were really active. I think what also happened was that most of the people who RPed left.

I love to roleplay, but I don't do that much on the RP boards here because there's rarely any that I want to join.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:59 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
There's no roleplay that I want to participate in at the moment. (Except for WW on Randomness of course)

Also roleplaying can sometimes take a lot of time for some people to decide what to say in a roleplay so in my opinion it is for people who have a lot of time on their hands.

Furthermore if any do interest me then they have always have started leaving me wondering if they are still allow signups whilst they are in process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:20 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Actually, I like RPing. I don't think many people know that. I hardly ever find one I want to join though. (I want to join the Perception one, but I don't want to be the first one to post...well, yeah, I do, but I don't want to do it wrong.)

No, I never officially left; yes, I am gone forever. I have also permanently left AIM. If you need to contact me, drop a line on LJ. Same username.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:41 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Eh, I did when I was about 13-14, but I lost interest after a couple years (and was really no good at it anyway).

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Dragonfire wrote:
Well, I believe that before the Great Reset of 2004, the RP boards were really active. I think what also happened was that most of the people who RPed left.

They were and they did. ;_; There are a few people from before the reset left that are still active (myself for one), though!

I'm always role playing, I think, even if it's not on the forums. Most of the time I have an idea in my head, fiddling with it and determining whether or not it would make a good role play. Actually, I have one right now that I believe would make a good RP... but I'm also deciding if it would make a good book, haha.

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
The ones I liked had no other fans that I knew of so I just stopped playing tabletop RPGs. I still give props to the great and powerful d20 (panel 5) though :P

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Actually, there were quite a few role-plays even after the reset. That's when I started role-playing a lot more on PPT. There were less people on the forum as a whole, but that board was still active. I think rping kind of got discouraging because a lot of times you'd really get into one, but then the creator would get busy and not keep things going or other key players would stop posting and it'd be hard to go on without them. Sometimes you'd wait for someone to respond to you and they'd just not show up again or post once every couple weeks. It's fine if someone wants to leave an rp, but people don't always say or respond to PMs and that brings it down. :/ I think people just got tired of joining and really getting into fun rps just to have them go stagnant after a short while.

tymaporer wrote:
(I want to join the Perception one, but I don't want to be the first one to post...well, yeah, I do, but I don't want to do it wrong.)

That's how I feel, too. haha I really want to post to it, but I want to wait until someone else posts first, so I can have something to go off of. lol If everyone else hesitates, too, I might just jump in, though. :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think its a waste of time I use to role play a long time ago but got sick of it.

Set made by YesItIsh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:59 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Kidwaiy wrote:
I think its a waste of time I use to role play a long time ago but got sick of it.

That would be me.
I still do what's considered RPing with Light (pokemonfreak27). We work on fanfics via PM, and we have a roleplaying method of doing it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:41 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I like roleplaying, but I've never RPed on PPT. Maybe because I'm inactive, or I'm afraid to mess up something :P

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

All my creative energy is going into my thesis project right now (which is to write a book, pretty much), so I don't have much left over for RPing. If I did I would feel guilty for not working on my story.

my first original set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

The RP boards used to be really, really active. I was an avid RPer o_o; I did it every day, and had loads of time on my hands.

Now, I think lots of us have just lost interest x_x; And personally, I have loads of homework nowadays, so even if the boards were active I don't know where I'll be able to find the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:21 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Roleplaying is like my life!!! Me and my best friend came up with an entire other world on MSN, and we RP in it pretty much every day! I'm RPing right now, actually....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:51 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I sometimes feel the need to roleplay, but every roleplay I enter dies. I also used to play D&D but that also fell apart.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next