If you're feeling down and blue and need a little pick-me-up, then this is the place to be people!
Topic locked

Board Games

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:18 pm

What's your favorite board game? Are you a Pictionary player, or more of a Trivial Pursuit type? How about Candyland?

As for me, I'm a Scrabble addict, but nothing beats an evening spent playing Monopoly. I'm always the little dog. ;)

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:19 pm

Clue's the best!

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:27 pm

cluedo and monopoly!

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:27 pm

Clue. It's the only game I'm good at. :P

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:31 pm

Clue, Monopoly, and Trivial Pursuit. I especially like the 90's version of Trivial Pursuit. :D

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:32 pm

Clue and Risk are easily the best.
I'd need to re-learn Risk, though.

Re: Board Games

Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:20 pm

Risk! Risk! I love Risk! :D I have the LOTR version ... but I kinda wish I had the original version too.

Hmm, I probably like Cluedo better than Scrabble or Monopoly. For those who like Risk and board games in general, I've heard Settlers of Catan is reeeeally good... I think I've only played it once though (Edit: Oh, I was thinking of "Tigris and Euphrates" - I think it might be by the same board game designer though). Another award-winning game is Carcassonne (which I also need to get round to playing - I wish the games weren't so expensive to buy! :().

PuddingofEvil wrote:As for me, I'm a Scrabble addict, but nothing beats an evening spent playing Monopoly. I'm always the little dog. ;)

When I was little, I always the "little dog on top of the skateboard"! (I put the dog on top of the iron, it looked... funny)

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:27 pm

Monopoly is good for that random game feel that takes a random amoumt of time for someone to go bankrupt as it take half a hour or several hours.

Cluedo is very fun when you have 6 people playing, taking notes and guessing who the murderer is, what weapon they used and which room they used it in. E.g. I think it was Rev. Green in the Lounge with the candlestick.

My favorites though are Chess, Trivial Pursuit and Scrabble.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:29 pm

Why is everyone calling it Cluedo? o.O

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:35 pm

Dragonfire wrote:Why is everyone calling it Cluedo? o.O

I think it's called "Cluedo" (rather than "Clue") in countries other than the US :)

Edit: Oh, here's a bit more info...

Wikipedia wrote:In Canada and the U.S., the game is known as Clue. It was retitled because the traditional British board game Ludo, on which the name is based, was less well known there than its American variant Parcheesi. There are also localised versions for Japan and China.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:37 pm

Aye, Cluedo over here. :)

Im a Trivial Pursuit man myself, mainly for my endless stream of useless Trivia I remember at such times.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:54 pm

Ah, okay, thanks for that information. That makes sense now. :P

Anyways, now that I think about it I also liked Risk for the few times I played it. The futuristic version looks really cool.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:59 pm

Monopoly Pokemon version was always fun to play. Simpsons Cluedo was fun too but weird with only 2 people. I'd like to play Trivial Pursuit one day :D

Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:18 am

I have always loved Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly (even if I always lose as it, no head for finance) but my favourite board game has got to be Pictionary.

Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:58 am

Dragonfire wrote:Ah, okay, thanks for that information. That makes sense now. :P

Anyways, now that I think about it I also liked Risk for the few times I played it. The futuristic version looks really cool.

Dont play the star wars one.
That gets tedious.
Quickly.
Topic locked