If you're feeling down and blue and need a little pick-me-up, then this is the place to be people!
Topic locked

Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:46 pm

My most hated plant on the other hand I can say without a shadow of a doubt is Stinging Nettles. The good thing that is useful for is nettle tea.

Well, that and stinging.

I'm a big fan of marigolds, because any idiot can grow them. Like me.

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:41 pm

Yeah, Marigolds are easy to grow.

I also like my Magnolias, if those were to be counted in this thread, insofar as people have only chosen plants that are stemmed, and not trees.

Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:57 pm

I love daisies. They grow all over my yard, and I always go and pick them and stick them in a vase on my desk, because they are just so pretty. I also like sunflowers.

Funny story about sunflowers: When I was in preschool, my teacher gave our class sunflower seeds and pots to grow the sunflowers in as like a little class project. She told us that if we took good care of them, they would grow to be giants. As I child I had quite the overactive imagination, and when she said giant, I thought she meant like bigger than a house, not just like five or six feet tall. I also thought that by giant she meant it would come alive and eat my family. I refused to water it, and it died, and I was satisfied.

Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:14 am

ryan.riverside wrote:
Flame wrote:African Violets. Especially the ones with the petals that sparkle and look like sugar. :)

Oooh! I had one of those. Then I accidentally touched it and it died on me :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ski wrote:My grandfather could make any flower grow beautifully except African violets. I guess my favorite flowers were always the ones he grew. I wish I could find out his secret. =P

Wow, really? My African violet is easy to take care of. The only thing I do to take care of it is water it when it starts drooping pathetically. Then it perks up again right away.

Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:34 am

I really like white roses with blue flowers. I have no idea why, I just think that it looks really pretty. :)

Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:26 pm

Apricus wrote:. I also thought that by giant she meant it would come alive and eat my family. I refused to water it, and it died, and I was satisfied.

That's so cute. Not to make light of what I'm sure was real fear to your preschool self, but...you know. :oops:

As for me, I like roses...especially light pink ones. I don't know what it is about a light pink rose, it tickles something in my memory and makes me feel very peaceful.

I also like African daisies, irises, and whatever those purple flowers were that the people down the street had growing over their fence. :lol:

Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:14 pm

I'm a good fan of flowers such as the Naked Boomrape, Toad-Flax, A Lesser Dirty Socks and A Crouching Locoweed. Not to mention the 'Nipple Seed'.

Also, while we're at it, I should really give a mention to the Rosy Pussytoes, the Echanter's Night Shade and the Chocolate Lily.

Hehe. Flowers rock.

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:11 pm

Asian Lilly is the perfect flower to give anyone. Red roses are boring.

Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:48 pm

The Daffodil, I love it in Wales when you go on a duel carrigeway in some places in Wales and they have daffodils on either side of the carrigeway and in between the carrigeway.

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:29 pm

It makes me twitch when people lump orchids together. Orchids are the largest group of flowers out there, pick a part of it, and run.
Like me.
I love lady slippers of any sorts. Yellow are my favorite because thats what grows out at my farm, but pink, fancy whatever. They're just so pretty!

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:37 pm

daisies, roses, and SNAPDRAGONS! Not only pretty, but interactive :)

Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:31 am

purple trilliums :)

Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:38 am

The white ones.

Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:53 pm

I like Blue-bells. When they come out in March-April time they look beautiful. But I also like Roses and Daffodils.

Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:43 pm

I second Bluebells. They're pretty. <3
I'm also fond of Sunflowers. :)
Topic locked