If you're feeling down and blue and need a little pick-me-up, then this is the place to be people!
Topic locked

Why don't you role play?

I always role play!
17%
I just don't like role playing
17%
It's a pain in the butt/waste of time
14%
There's never enough people anyway
14%
There's no rp I want to participate in
38%

Total votes : 29

Role Playing

Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:55 am

I love role playing, and I love the PPT RP boards more. Don't know why, maybe it's because most stories are interesting.
Well anyway, there's usually not many people on the RP boards here. I guess that the time doesn't match or something. I just wanted to know why :oops: And maybe get more people to come to the rp boards.
So, please tell me what you think.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:41 pm

Well, I believe that before the Great Reset of 2004, the RP boards were really active. I think what also happened was that most of the people who RPed left.

I love to roleplay, but I don't do that much on the RP boards here because there's rarely any that I want to join.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:59 pm

There's no roleplay that I want to participate in at the moment. (Except for WW on Randomness of course)

Also roleplaying can sometimes take a lot of time for some people to decide what to say in a roleplay so in my opinion it is for people who have a lot of time on their hands.

Furthermore if any do interest me then they have always have started leaving me wondering if they are still allow signups whilst they are in process.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:20 pm

Actually, I like RPing. I don't think many people know that. I hardly ever find one I want to join though. (I want to join the Perception one, but I don't want to be the first one to post...well, yeah, I do, but I don't want to do it wrong.)

Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:41 pm

Eh, I did when I was about 13-14, but I lost interest after a couple years (and was really no good at it anyway).

Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:27 pm

Dragonfire wrote:Well, I believe that before the Great Reset of 2004, the RP boards were really active. I think what also happened was that most of the people who RPed left.

They were and they did. ;_; There are a few people from before the reset left that are still active (myself for one), though!

I'm always role playing, I think, even if it's not on the forums. Most of the time I have an idea in my head, fiddling with it and determining whether or not it would make a good role play. Actually, I have one right now that I believe would make a good RP... but I'm also deciding if it would make a good book, haha.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:35 pm

The ones I liked had no other fans that I knew of so I just stopped playing tabletop RPGs. I still give props to the great and powerful d20 (panel 5) though :P

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:19 pm

Actually, there were quite a few role-plays even after the reset. That's when I started role-playing a lot more on PPT. There were less people on the forum as a whole, but that board was still active. I think rping kind of got discouraging because a lot of times you'd really get into one, but then the creator would get busy and not keep things going or other key players would stop posting and it'd be hard to go on without them. Sometimes you'd wait for someone to respond to you and they'd just not show up again or post once every couple weeks. It's fine if someone wants to leave an rp, but people don't always say or respond to PMs and that brings it down. :/ I think people just got tired of joining and really getting into fun rps just to have them go stagnant after a short while.

tymaporer wrote:(I want to join the Perception one, but I don't want to be the first one to post...well, yeah, I do, but I don't want to do it wrong.)

That's how I feel, too. haha I really want to post to it, but I want to wait until someone else posts first, so I can have something to go off of. lol If everyone else hesitates, too, I might just jump in, though. :)

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:43 pm

I think its a waste of time I use to role play a long time ago but got sick of it.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:59 pm

Kidwaiy wrote:I think its a waste of time I use to role play a long time ago but got sick of it.

That would be me.
I still do what's considered RPing with Light (pokemonfreak27). We work on fanfics via PM, and we have a roleplaying method of doing it. :D

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:41 pm

I like roleplaying, but I've never RPed on PPT. Maybe because I'm inactive, or I'm afraid to mess up something :P

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:26 pm

All my creative energy is going into my thesis project right now (which is to write a book, pretty much), so I don't have much left over for RPing. If I did I would feel guilty for not working on my story.

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:49 am

The RP boards used to be really, really active. I was an avid RPer o_o; I did it every day, and had loads of time on my hands.

Now, I think lots of us have just lost interest x_x; And personally, I have loads of homework nowadays, so even if the boards were active I don't know where I'll be able to find the time.

Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:21 am

Roleplaying is like my life!!! Me and my best friend came up with an entire other world on MSN, and we RP in it pretty much every day! I'm RPing right now, actually....

Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:51 am

I sometimes feel the need to roleplay, but every roleplay I enter dies. I also used to play D&D but that also fell apart.
Topic locked