Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Cramps..
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:27 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Within the past 2 weeks, I've woken up in the middle of the night, and had a sudden cramp in my leg, twice in my right leg and once in my left leg. Why does this happen? It never ever happened to me before.. the one in my left leg (4 or 5 cramps in my left leg at that time, one after the other) was so bad that I had to get my brother to drive me to school, and I only live 300m or so away from school and I was still there 15 minutes late or something. I couldn't walk properly that time... I had one in my right leg this morning which caused me to limp a bit to school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Try stretching your leg muscles when you get up and rubbing your legs where it hurts; this usually works. If it continues on for a couple more days and/or gets worse, you should see a doctor because there could be something wrong with your leg.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:37 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

DiscordantNote wrote:
Try stretching your leg muscles when you get up and rubbing your legs where it hurts; this usually works. If it continues on for a couple more days and/or gets worse, you should see a doctor because there could be something wrong with your leg.

Hmm.. I could try that.. but what I want to know is how to avoid it and why I'm getting it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:42 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

The only way to really prevent that is to stretch at least 30 minutes every week, but try and do more stretching if it really bothers you. If you look it up, google has a bunch of really helpful sites about stretching and cramps like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:29 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I've had those before, and my doctor told me what was MY problem, at least. D'you wear shoes with high soles during the day? If so, when you take them off at night and suddenly lose that inch or so under you, it causes your leg muscles to cramp up. You have to stretch your legs daily to get it to go away. Try using a towel and wrapping it around your foot, then stretching your leg out and pulling on the towel. (Oh, and heat usually helps for the cramps themselves).

Hope that helps. Like I said, it may be something different for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm adding in my 2 cents....

make sure you're drinking plenty of water, and try eating a banana and see if that helps, sometimes leg cramps are a way of telling you that you need an extra bit of potassium in your body, same with the water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:57 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I get lots of cramps when I'm on the computer, ones so bad that I can hardly walk and my face is screwed up in pain >.<

Try rubbing your foot and shaking it at the same time, to get the circulation back.

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hmmm... well, I'm not a doctor, so I can't be sure on any of this, but I think you should stretch more and move around more often. I believe cramps can be caused from staying in one place without major movement. Also, as BeDeviled said, trying drinking more water or eat a few more bananas than usual.

I hope this helps!

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Oh dear, Wayne, those sound unpleasant. I used to wake up in the middle of the night with random cramps too-- I think they're called Charlie Horses? I'm not sure.
But what I do is climb out of bed, and like... sort of.. how do I explain this... make like you're standing on your tippy toes while massaging the calf.
And yes, I was about to suggest eating more potassium, which helps avoid cramps all together. Bananas have a ton of potassium (learned that from Honey We Shrunk Ourselves).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:39 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
You are going to have to do proper stretches during the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:01 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

BeDeviled wrote:
I'm adding in my 2 cents....

make sure you're drinking plenty of water, and try eating a banana and see if that helps, sometimes leg cramps are a way of telling you that you need an extra bit of potassium in your body, same with the water.

Yeah, it could be a vitamin shortage (and if you're getting what people call Charlie Horses, that results from a vitamin shortage, I believe). So yeah, watch your diet and if you aren't into fruits and veggies and stuff, I guess take a multivitamin and see if that helps.

Read Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser.
Watch Love Actually.
Listen to 80s and 90s streaming audio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Drink. Lots of water!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:07 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Sometimes I would get cramps when I started playing soccer, I would usually put a heating pad in the leg that was bothering me and they would go away, as long as the pad was wrapped tight, massages would help too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:33 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I think that if you don't stretch your leg muscles they'll become a little stiff. Maybe that's the case? Do some leg stretches and see if it helps.

(He who fights with monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster). And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:09 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Thanks everyone.. I told my mum to get me some bananas :) I think it's because of my diet. I'm not into fruits and veggies, they're not my thing :P. I play soccer a lot and I run around a lot. The cramps I get after soccer are usually 1-3 hours after I played though. Yea.. I don't think these cramps I'm talking about are from soccer, it's my diet I guess.. Thanks again :)

Er.. lockable

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next