Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

Mon May 31, 2004 6:35 am

Skullsplitter wrote:If they can find a backup of the old database, or the host still has it, then we will get out posts and stuff back.

If not, I presume we'll be able to PM the admins and ask for our post counts back.

however, the obvious problem is that someone can just come on and say "yeah i had 3000 posts" and could be lying. So Im sure that the admins will find an old copy, at least so they can verify peoples post counts :)

If they find the backup to verify what we say, then perhaps they will restore our post counts. Who really cares that much, though? It's only a post count...it isn't important (except for getting into usergroups, I suppose...but in that case, just keep posting until you reach the minimum).

Mon May 31, 2004 6:35 am

I hope the database wasn't deleted. If so, I'll kill that dinosaur! Anyways, I had just gotten about 1820 posts and I was really happy. And now their all gone! Noooooo!

Mon May 31, 2004 6:52 am

Ixistant wrote:I hope the database wasn't deleted. If so, I'll kill that dinosaur! Anyways, I had just gotten about 1820 posts and I was really happy. And now their all gone! Noooooo!

For me it is worse. I had somewhere between 2510 - 2535 posts so I was Beyond Godly.

The people who I feel are the worse off IMO are ChromeFox and Lillie since they both had the POF rank which if I remember right requires that you must have 10000 posts to have the POF rank.

Mon May 31, 2004 7:12 am

Thats right. 10K for POF level. Its a lottta posts. o.o

Same name, i can't remember exactly my post count, wasn't really paying attention to it all that much.

But... if its any good news to any of you (although i've already posted this)
I do have records of postcounts of the top 200 up to May1st. :)

Mon May 31, 2004 7:17 am

I don't remember my exact post count. I believe I was well over 3000, though. I don't think the post counts are all that important, although, I was quite proud of mine and wouldn't mind having it back.

Mon May 31, 2004 7:46 am

I really won't be happy if we don't get the old database back, I was at 4900, always at WBG.

Mon May 31, 2004 7:51 am

Should you care more about the content of your posts (and helping people), rather than your astronomically large postcount?

Mon May 31, 2004 7:58 am

Honestly, I can still help people whilst having an not quite astronomically high count. Yes I am Materialistic. I wannit back >.<

Mon May 31, 2004 11:08 am

Christopher wrote:Honestly, I can still help people whilst having an not quite astronomically high count. Yes I am Materialistic. I wannit back >.<

it's ok chris, it's ok, we'll have our posts back in no time :P

Mon May 31, 2004 11:28 am

I argued forever against the whole "no post count" idea, but now I really see its merits. It's kind of nice. :D

Mon May 31, 2004 11:37 am

These forums are most definately temporary. Things will return to as they were, but to what degree, I couldnt honestly say. Dont expect too many changes. Unplanned ones anyway...

Oh, and wrong place. I know we've been away for a couple of weeks, but you cant have all forgotten what Site Disc is for :wink:
Last edited by Jim on Mon May 31, 2004 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 31, 2004 11:38 am

I think I had about 8,250 posts. If we get our posts back, great! If not, eh, life goes on. I mean, I didn't join the forums in the first place just to get a lot of posts!
Topic locked