Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: MSNM Help!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:09 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

OK, I want to download MSNM.... but you see, I don't want anyone to know... so if I were to download it, would I be able to hide all traces of it, or at least some? I know that it'll show up on the toolbar thingy, but is there anyway I could get it to not show up there?

And... if I were to delete the messenger, would it leave any traces on my comp that it had ever been there?

Thoughts are like buttons!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well I have it and I can't remove it from my toolbar. And if you delete it, I'm sure it will remove traces :)

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:17 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Delete it from desktop, start menu programs, quick launch, toolbar and such. If you want to run it, go find it in program files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:20 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Jill wrote:
Delete it from desktop, start menu programs, quick launch, toolbar and such. If you want to run it, go find it in program files.
But how do you delete it from all those things?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:24 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

.....Right click on them and click delete?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:34 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Jill wrote:
.....Right click on them and click delete?
Oh, ok. I uh... knew that. :D
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If you have the messenger icon appearing in your Web browser tool bar, you can't just click delete I believe. Well, like on IE I have the AIM icon at the top, where the back, forward, refresh etc buttons are. What you need to do to get rid of it from there is right click the tool bar, if not the MSNM button and scroll down to "customize" that should take you a window with options on which toolbar buttons to display.

Also when installing the program, you have the option of clicking certain check boxes which will automatically create desktop short cuts of the program or place the program in your quick launch menu. If you make sure you don't click those it won't show up. If you do place a short cut on the start, programs, menu you can right click and delete it :)...heck I'm sure you can probably even make the properties of all folders MSNM installs in your computer hidden..o_O

Hummm.......why are you wanting to hide it though? If you aren't allowed to use Instant messaging tools you should really just not use them. If your parents are against it or something, talk to them and explain to them that a lot of these devices have options which allow you to customize the programs and make them safer for younger users. Then that way you won't have to risk being caught, which will only make it worse. If you try to hide it they'll wonder what else you've been trying to keep from them or something..well only heed this advice if you are trying to keep it from your parents lol...if not, then off you go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:26 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yeah, and when you're naming the file to be placed on your hard drive call it something else, that isn't obvious, like internet connection or something, so they wont suspect it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]