Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Finals!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

For those of us who get out of school this month, how many finals do you have to take and which ones?

I only have two tests this week out of 6 classes... but also two presentations that make or break my grade, so I consider those finals also. Most of our finals were taken earlier so there isn't much left to do. The last week of school is pretty much a waste.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

just took 3 today. (Biology, Chemistry, Math)
i have 1 to take on thursday. (Spanish)

I've already taken my History and CompSci test.

So... yeahhh... just SPANISH left!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I don't take finals yet. That's highschool. XP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:12 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I have 2 out of 4 classes. One in English and the other in Science. I also have a practical exam in science.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:12 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

One today in math, and probably a retake in chem some time this week...

~Set by moogie~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've got four finals- Socials 9, Science 9, French 9, and a Math 10 provincial exam, all for next week. English exams were taken in May, so that brings the total to five.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've done all my "finals" but that took a month. (*grins* No more!!!)

However, I've got tests and coursework as well as homework for just about every week. I believe I've got a Physics and PRS coursework for next week, working on English Literature coursework, a lot of Maths to do, an Art final to complete and some more homework for next week. This'll be a busy weekend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:38 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I only had 4 finals and I'm finished everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:26 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I had to take an english exam, a french exam, an algebra exam, a history of mankind exam, a computers exam, and a human anatomy exam. I'm really nervous about the french exam because I know I already failed the portfolio part.It's like 20 percent of the exam. But then again almost everyone failed that part. I technically didn't fail it but it's like failing to me.

I love soccer guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:23 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Well, I only have one true final to take, and that's in geometry. I hope I do better on this than the midterm-I got an 89 on the midterm and the B+ looks awful on my report card. I think I can get a 95 or above if I'm less careless and the test doesn't have too much on circles/arcs and rudimentary trig.

However, the stupid-idiot-bonehead state and the stupid-idiot-bonehead "No Child Left Behind" thing is forcing our schools to do stupid-idiot-bonehead "CAPT" activities. The CAPT is a standardized state test that 10th graders take.

This means that instead of having lots of fun with our friends in activities while the 9th graders take exams, we have to write CAPT essays or other things, even in electives and foreign languages. What's the point? The CAPT doesn't test subjects like stringed orchestra or spanish. Yes, we need essay practice. No, this isn't the time to do it.

It's sad. Absolutely terrible. The teachers are disappointed that they can't keep up the tradition of fun activities (and they actually are fun) during the last week of school. Stupid-idiot-bonehead CAPT and NCLB. Stupid-idiot-bonehead acronyms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:58 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I have four finals this semester. They're all next week: Religion, English, Math, & Science. I'm not worried about any of them except Math, its my only weak course this semester.

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:38 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I have to take my Business, Drama, Gym/Health, and Science exams. Ugh. And then I have all my final projects I have to do.

For Business, I'm sure it's going to be really easy, all multiple choice and true/false. In Drama I have to do a monologue, which I haven't even started to memorize. :roll: For Gym, we're just doing sit-ups and stuff, so it shouldn't be too bad. It's Science I'm worried about though... bleh. Last semester's classes got all multiple choice, but my teacher says he hasn't decided how the exam is going to be set up yet. :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:56 am 

Mine are done already--have been for a week. I only had to take four of seven, and those were the four that wouldn't exempt: English, Latin, Java, and Theology. English was the only truly difficult one, you basically had to go in and write a paper having only topic sentences and quotes. I did really well though, got a 98, and my teacher usually grades pretty rough on writing, so I was quite happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Congratulations, you all, for finishing your finals!
And Vermillion.... you'll have to teach me how to write papers. After taking US History AP and Contemporary Lit I've picked up the format of boring essays, but none of this topic sentence/quote stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:47 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I don't take SATs until 4 years later. But if you're saying end of the year tests, we took them ages ago. It was agonizing, sort of.

(He who fights with monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster). And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next