Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: I hate myself.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yesterday, I was jumping on my friend's trampoline. Her little sister (who is 9... we'll call her Chem) joined us. My friend and I made a bet with her. The bet was very complicated, but to make a long story short: whoever won the bet got to drag the loser around and make the loser do whatever the winner wanted to do. Well, my friend I won the bet. The first thing we decided to do was jump on the trampoline. Instantly, Chem sits down on a swing (there's a swing set for her in their backyard) and says she feels it's way too hot out to play outside and she doesn't want to (it isn't hot outside at all... seriously). We tell her that she promised to follow the bet and that we promise to only stay out for a few minutes and she says she doesn't want to... then she starts crying and runs into her house. My friend and I feel really bad now. My friend tried to go talk to Chem, but when she did, it apparently only made things worse. I feel... like a scumbag. I mean- I made a little kid cry. I only remember telling her that she should follow the bet or she would be breaking a promise to us... I guess I didn't realize saying that was too... tough for a nine year old.

I feel terrible with myself right now. I just needed to let this out.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:59 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Awww! Dawn! I know how you must feel, but everyone knows how easy 9 year olds are to make cry. I used to cry about almost everything when I was younger, they are really sensitive...or they like being drama-queens.

Don't beat yourself up about it though, just be really sweet to her in future...but things will probably have patched up by the time you next see her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:09 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Don't feel bad, if some kids breaks the rules its their fault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:11 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Little kids can be annoying sometimes huh? I know you feel guilty about it now but trust me, Chem will forget about it by tomorrow. It seems like she idolises you guys and I know she would feel so much better if you apologised. (I have a little sister can you tell?! :lol: )

Maybe you could play properly with Chem to make it up to her. Don't beat yourself up over it, kids are sensitive but tough! :)

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:59 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Don't feel bad about it at all... The sooner in life you learn something the more helpful it is. If she agrees to something she can learn to stick with it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:06 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
Christopher wrote:
Don't feel bad, if some kids breaks the rules its their fault.

Yeah, like when you clearly Jinx somebody, but they keep talking anyways! I hate jerks like that!!!!

And stupid people that think if you go around saying jinx when you're 19 you're immature... pffft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Don't feel too bad. It'll be forgotten in a couple of days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Pressure, especially from people you idolize (she does idolize her sister and her friends, most younger siblings do) can be terrible for a kid. You didn't realize that, its alright, she's not your sister, but now you do, so just try to do something nice for her when you see her next, maybe apologize so she doesn't think she did anything 'bad' by not following you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:07 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: Keeping the Hallowe'en spirit all through the year.
So, she lost the silly bet, but learned (or, more likely, reinforced) that by crying/carrying on she can not only welch on the deal but get the others feeling they should apologise for it.

Highly effective manipulation.

Only way you and your friend are the "bad guys" in this would be if you manipulated/pressured her into taking the bet in the first place. If not, let yourself off the hook.

hiddenneggs / Will
----
"But then again, i think the main reason people invented civilization was to get together and complain about the wild animals eating them." --mousapelli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I dont think you should hate yourself. Go do it again, in fact.

I think you are less upset about making a whiny kid cry than actually making your best friends little sister cry. Thats the whole guilt thing.

There really is no need to worry, remember, she's at that age where having to eat the vegetables can result in a crying tantrum sometimes, so just forget about it.

And personally, i cant stand little kids, their sense of humour is rarely anywhere near yours, they are often quite ignorant but utterly assured of their own superiority.... just like teenagers are to adults, ha!

Oh well, just buy yourself some chocolate and enjoy a cigarette, let the cool and refreshing taste of hot pollutants wash over you as your lungs fill with tar :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Aww, I like children!

Well, the reason might not really have been that it was too tough for her to carry it out. Losing is often very hard to accept and kids need time to learn to take that. Hey, most people find it hard to accept they've lost no matter what they say to you. I don't think she was being manipulative to make you feel bad purposely. At most she would try to get out of it.

Make her a little gift (folding paper cranes and stars often work for me) and toss it to her the next time it happens.

I think she's like me - always wanting to follow the older sibling and his/her friends around because they're so coooool. Oyee, I still idolise the whole lot of 'em. It's a bit hard to have to bet against two older people you admire but I think maybe she wanted you two to like her more, include her - that kind of thing. Most siblings don't put up with it though. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:02 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Don't worry, she'll forget about it by tomorrow! :D

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:50 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I wouldn't worry about it too much, Dawn2. Kids are kids. She'll have a nice popsicle or whatever and forget all about it. :) Maybe she was tired and a little grumpy? Maybe to her it was too hot to jump? Maybe she was upset for losing and didn't want to play anymore? Who knows.

Don't worry about it. I wouldn't appologize, either, unless you really feel you should (it's always nice to hear someone say they care). She was the one that did not follow through with the bet after she lost. Also, when someone loses a bet, you shouldn't rub it in their face. (I'm not saying you did this, I'm speaking in general.) When someone doesn't want to do something for one reason or another, let it go. Find another way to have fun, or just play with your friend. I know your feelings are hurt now and you feel guilty, but just forget it and move on, unless she brings it up.

Btw, coming2atvnearu, I was stuck in a jinx for 20 minutes the other day. The girls were at my parents' house, so they couldn't get me out of it and my husband was being stubborn. I eventually had to tickle him into saying my name and releasing me from the jinx. ;) lol

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:02 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Its alright Dawn..just say your sorry. Dont hate yourself. Guys,that was kind of mean. Shes 9. 9 year olds are not as mature as teenagers. Young children are not brats or anything like that,they just cant deal with things as well.. ( Man I need to remember that the next time my nephew rolls around) Girls are just more understanding. *flicks hair* :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:17 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

coming2atvnearu wrote:
And stupid people that think if you go around saying jinx when you're 19 you're immature... pffft.
I know, knothing immature about re-living your childhood...
Kitten Medli wrote:
Guys,that was kind of mean. Shes 9.
That's old enough to know if you're not gonna like it don't agree to it...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next