Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:07 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Gaaaah! Missed oppourtunity!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:33 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby
User avatar

Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:26 pm
Location: Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia
I was back from a holiday last Tuesday and I decided to read some of the newspapers that I didn't read... I was reading it normally until I hit the Education section... o_O My eyes twitched... They had a 2-page report on blogging among Malaysian students!

The worst past was that I've seen a post on another blog some weeks back saying that The Star (local national daily) wanted Malaysian students' blogging opinions, and I thought I was a hoax! How could I've been so stupid, stupid, stupid, STUPID!

</rant>

This was the post I saw:
http://www.itchyhands.com/archives/2004 ... ature.html

This had appeared in the newspaper:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... =education


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:17 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler
User avatar

Posts: 181
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:20 am
Location: Kentucky, USA
I really don't understand the point of this thread. Did you want you be interviewed for that article? Or do you think it was stupid they even had that article in the first place?


Read Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser.
Watch Love Actually.
Listen to 80s and 90s streaming audio


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
User avatar

Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:40 am
Location: Los Angeles, California
uniquelyput wrote:
I really don't understand the point of this thread. Did you want you be interviewed for that article? Or do you think it was stupid they even had that article in the first place?


Yeah, I'm a bit confused as well...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
User avatar

Posts: 6220
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:02 am
Location: sakura makes dreams come true.
simsman24000 wrote:
uniquelyput wrote:
I really don't understand the point of this thread. Did you want you be interviewed for that article? Or do you think it was stupid they even had that article in the first place?


Yeah, I'm a bit confused as well...


My first thought was that the author thought the article was stupid, but reading the topic's title, I would guess that the author of this thread is talking about missing the opportunity to be interviewed.


Image
the greatest love story never told.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:17 pm 
Newbie
Newbie
User avatar

Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:55 pm
Location: Mississippi, US
It seems to me that WittySquirrel here is disappointed that she did not look into the article or situation further when she heard about it weeks ago, and she instead, just brushed it off as a hoax. Also, this is taken further in that if she had read that newspaper before going on vacation, she might have still gotten a chance to be interviewed even if she had not believed the story from weeks back. I didn't seem to get an impression that she did not want to be interviewed or thought the story was stupid, which should be clear by the title of the thread. At least, that's what I got.

Anyway, so sorry about that! Seems like you were really interested in contributing! Perhaps you could write the newspaper and ask for a sort of "sequel" to their first article or group of interviews, and they could include your thoughts then. Just an idea.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:21 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby
User avatar

Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:26 pm
Location: Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia
Phibby wrote:
It seems to me that WittySquirrel here is disappointed that she did not look into the article or situation further when she heard about it weeks ago, and she instead, just brushed it off as a hoax. Also, this is taken further in that if she had read that newspaper before going on vacation, she might have still gotten a chance to be interviewed even if she had not believed the story from weeks back. I didn't seem to get an impression that she did not want to be interviewed or thought the story was stupid, which should be clear by the title of the thread. At least, that's what I got.

Anyway, so sorry about that! Seems like you were really interested in contributing! Perhaps you could write the newspaper and ask for a sort of "sequel" to their first article or group of interviews, and they could include your thoughts then. Just an idea.

*Cough*WittySquirrelmale*cough*

You're right about most of the part! Actually I didn't read the one on the day because I was on the way to the destination. I was quite skeptical about news coming from another blog and that there was no mention that an article about blogging was about to appear in The Star. In short, I read but the realisation that it was real never sunk in... until the article came out in the paper...

Thanks for the idea Phibby, but I doubt that they'll write a "sequel" to it...

Oh well...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:22 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Posts: 577
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 10:11 am
Location: Dream Zanarkand
Wasted opportunity. How about if you keep your eye on New Straits Times, or The Sun? :P


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group