Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Favorite Coffee?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
For a long time now, I grind fresh coffee beans in the morning to put into my nicely insulated no-spill travel mug to take with me to work. It's basically a carafe that I use to pour hot coffee into my mug that sits on my coffee mug warmer. Today, I just opened up a nice new bag of Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf French Roast. It's not bad, but it's not top two.

So, after using several varieties of coffee beans, I have decided on some favorites:

1. Peet's Major Dickason blend (~$8 for 14 oz) - Rich, bold, but not bitter
2. Starbucks French Roast (Costco: ~$17 for 2.5lbs with coupon) - Rich, Bold, but bitter
3. Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf French Roast (Costco: ~$13? for 2lbs) - Not as bold as Starbucks or Peet's, but very tasty
5. Some stuff I bought in Alaska - Medium with odd taste.

As you can probably see, I prefer the dark roasts...

What are some of your favorites?

(I encourage a separate thread for favorite teas)

Post subject: Re: Favorite Coffee?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:17 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I have yet to meet a coffee I like. Even cappuccino. And if you're going to put enough sugar, milk, cream, and flavors in it to hide the coffee flavor, you might as well just replace the coffee with cocoa, anyway. Much better flavor, much less stimulant, less expensive, and contains antioxidants. I've been told it's an "acquired taste." I don't care to acquire it.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:54 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Siniri wrote:
I have yet to meet a coffee I like. Even cappuccino. And if you're going to put enough sugar, milk, cream, and flavors in it to hide the coffee flavor, you might as well just replace the coffee with cocoa, anyway. Much better flavor, much less stimulant, less expensive, and contains antioxidants. I've been told it's an "acquired taste." I don't care to acquire it.
Cappuccino would still be too strong. Peppermint Mocha Latté might be more your style. But, if you don't like it, then you don't like it. Nothing wrong with that. I generally prefer my coffee as-is - no cream or sugar - and I like the taste. If the coffee is especially bitter, then I might add a little cream.

P.S. Folgers is nasty.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:29 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
Cappuccino, Douwe Egberts, Nescafe various blends, Starbucks various blends and flavours, Cafe Nero's strong coffee, I don't have a coffee that I hate.

I know of Folgers thanks to a Phoenix Wright video on YouTube which had Folgers jingle in it even though I don't think Folgers is available here in the UK.

I take my coffee with full cream milk and I also drink black coffee. But I hate sugar in my coffee as it makes coffee taste nasty to me.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]