Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:59 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Noelle wrote:
I have the same problem but it's on the phone and they think I'm older. People on the phone mistake me for my mom. Big diffrence 14 and 43. And once I was 10 and some one asked why I bought a child ticket. 'Because I'm 10.'. The person thought I was 16!

I have the reverse--quite the reverse, I'd say--I'm in my 40's and when someone calls they ask if my mommy or daddy is home. Imagine their surprise when I say that I am the "mommy." I have a really high voice and sometimes I get really upset about it. But when I get depressed about it I think of one of the best football players ever to play the game--Walter Payton--a Chicago Bears from a few years back. If you ever heard him interviewed, he had a very high voice for a man. And I think, if he could go through life with that voice and become a superstar, in spite of it, I guess I can go through life with my voice too.

And, Jasujo, trust me, you will be happy when you are carded in your 40's. I too am little. 5'2", high voice, all of 110 pounds and when I went to the store in a t-shirt, shorts and no make up last summer, I was carded when I went to buy a bottle of wine (with my 10 year old daughter next to me). I looked at the woman (who was my age) and said you have to be kidding. Ha! Maybe she just needed new glasses or something!!!!! But, I must admit, it has happened countless times since I turned the legal age of 21. The youthful look runs in the family. None of my cousins look their age and neither do my aunts or uncles. Now, if only I felt as young as I looked!

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:13 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
That really made my day. 26 with kids...hahahhahahaha!

I often get mistaken to be 10 years older than I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:55 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've had similar experiences, though definitely nowhere near as much of a mistaken age gap.

When I went to my cousin's graduation party a year or so ago, someone asked me how I got there (I live like an hour away). I told them that I drove myself (I was 17 years old at the time, and had had my license for at least a year), and they asked me, "You can drive already?" I suppose that wasn't too bad, but I was kind of annoyed.

Then recently, my younger brother's friend thought I was only 16, when in fact, I am 18 already. Not looking my age to an adult feels a lot different than not looking my age to my peers.

I don't try to make myself look older, so I suppose it's my own fault. I'm thin, relatively short (5'5"), rarely wear makeup, wear jeans and t-shirts most of the time, and underdeveloped for my age. I'm hoping it'll change soon. :-\

Read Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser.
Watch Love Actually.
Listen to 80s and 90s streaming audio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

yeah i have those moments when ppl think I'm younger than i am. I really dont like it when ppl are like oh i thought you were 15 when im 16 soon to be 17. I think its because of my height though. there was one insident when a guys looked at me and said i looked 13. and another time when everyone was guessing each others age and some guy looked at me and said i looked 11 when i was 16. :roll:

Lovely Set By _jaye_

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yea, I kinda get the same problem too. It's sometimes hard to get into 15 movies.... They used to go and get someone to check :(

Dragonfire wrote:
I sorta have the same problem... Whenever I answer the phone, everyone (even my uncles and aunts) think I'm my mom. Whoaa there, two differences... She's 49 and I'm 15, and I'm a GUY! -_-

When I was 14/15, people used to think I was my sister. When my voice broke, at 15/16, everyone now thinks I'm my Dad. lol

Captain Insano wrote: I'd like to change my name to Bno2 please, as he is my hero.
Shoyru_Lover wrote: i want to change my gender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:38 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Location: Two steps forwards, one to the east and five south.
Once I was in year four or five and I was on this walk and someone asked what secoundry school I was going to next year!

(sos for all the typo's but me in a rush)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:01 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'm v.tall, so people think that I'm older than I actually am.

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Unlucky :) That always happens to my older sister!

But me... wh00t looking my age! ;)

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:35 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

People always think I'm about 12 or 13. I hate it, because I'm turning 16 this year. Though it's good because I can get away with buying a child's ticket at the movies ^_^

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yea but you'd have to show ID to get into MA's :?

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Eh, that's not good. :? Some people think I'm 16 and I get overcharged for things. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:59 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I don't know what age I look! It's really confusing! I'm actually 16 right...

I went for a meal and "Under 12's eat free".......I ate for free...... :( :? :shock:

Then a few weeks later, I was at a pub with some of my older friends and this woman in the loos asked me what it was like to get into bars and clubs. :shock: I was by myself so it wasn't because all my mates are older than me! She wouldn't believe me when I said I wasn't 18!!

I'm all confuzzled!!!!! :cry:

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Twinkle wrote:
I don't know what age I look! It's really confusing! I'm actually 16 right...

I went for a meal and "Under 12's eat free".......I ate for free...... :( :? :shock:

Then a few weeks later, I was at a pub with some of my older friends and this woman in the loos asked me what it was like to get into bars and clubs. :shock: I was by myself so it wasn't because all my mates are older than me! She wouldn't believe me when I said I wasn't 18!!

I'm all confuzzled!!!!! :cry:

Ooooh...you can be younger or older than you actually are... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:34 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I get that all the time.
Doesn't help with the fact that I'm really short, look about 7 and sound about 5.

|Nifty set by Silja|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:13 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

A lot of people think that I'm 11..... even though I'm 13. It's my shortness. Once I've even been mistaken for 10. x.X

Thoughts are like buttons!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next