Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Grrr I hate this!!!

I am REALLY sensitive to my height difference.

I am 13 (Today) and my bone age is 10 year old.

I litatlly made a shirt saying I am (Then a velcro thing which i put numbers on) __ years old.

The worst was I was at the mall walking alone (my mum dropped me off) and some lady went up to me and said Hey you! I didn't know who she was speaking to so I kept walking. She said "The 7 year old over there" I ignored her, thinkingg there was some little kid around. Then she STOPED me and was like "Little girl, wheres ur mommy? are you lost?" In this sicking baby voice. I YELLED at her (Attarcting a ton of attention, it was funny) I AM 13!!!! I AM NOT A LITTE KID GET IT RIGHT!!!
She left me alone after that.

Then I was in the movie threature buying a ticket (Adult) For a pg-13 movie and they are like "Little girl, where is your mommy, you are too young for this movie." So I had a little fun with him and shouted (More attention lol) And said "DO YOU HAVE SOME DISCRIMANTION AGAINST MIDGETS?!" He blushed and let me in. Funny stuff.
But it hurts like heck. I cry if someone offers me a childrens menue just because it has happened so many times.

[Previously Known As Zega]
The Game. You Just Lost It.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:00 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'm 16 now, but when I was 14-15 people used to mistake me for younger. However it came in handy, when I would go to the movies or something I can just buy a childs ticket or something to that effect

it was only until I started growing facial hair that this trick would not work though.

Last edited by Xil on Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm 15 and 5'2"

Although i've been lying to get into 15s since I was 13 :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I get mistaken most of the time for a junior high student (12-14 years old). I live close to a junior high school and if I just walk out, occasionally a sheriff's officer that's on campus drives up to me and usually says "Shouldn't you be in class?" or "Why aren't you in class, are you allright?"

It ends up I have to show the officer my id, it just irritates me >_<

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:04 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'm almost 15, and I think I look my age. Altough me and my friends went to a 18+ movie and they let us in (after asking a couple of questions), and I go to 16+ movies with no problem :D .

Off Topic: I'm happy that finnaly the forums are back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've had people come to the door and talk to me as if I WAS the mommy. I was 13 at the time. >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:51 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Hehe, I can just imagine that..."Is your mommy home?"

I feel for ya, the same thing happens to me, except in reverse. I'm 13, but I'm taller than my mom, about 5'7. One of my mother's old friends, who hasn't seen her in a long time came to visit. I go to talk to her, and she says, "How much you've grown! Yada yada!"
The she asks my mom, "She's in 12th grade now, right?" I tell her, "I'm almost done with 7th grade."

My face looks way older than it should be (not that I have wrinkles or anything :lol:), and it doesn't help that I haven't developed yet and my voice is so high and it cracks (it sometimes sounds like I'm yelping, that's the only word for it), people think I have to take maturity pills for people who haven't had puberty after 18. :evil:

Today my mother had to go to the dry cleaners, so she took my brother and I along. My mom was away putting in the loads so she gave us some money for the video games nearby. I LOVE Tekken so I asked my brother to play with me. This little kid who was about 5 was watching us play. When I beat my brother, the kid was like, "wow, your mom's good at this. I'm NOT a teen mother people!

Image Thanksies Dawn, sorry I didn't see it before. ^___^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:59 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: Keeping the Hallowe'en spirit all through the year.
Annoying though it is, Jasujo, it could be worse. My wife's ash-blond hair has been increasingly white for the past several years -- it's not pure white yet, but it's getting there. She's now 47, and our daughter is 12 (though she's short enough that she can easily be mistaken for younger). I couldn't count the number of times people have taken them for grandmother and granddaughter instead of mother and daughter. (Yes, that's mathematically quite possible even if people knew the ages of each, but still.)

Worse yet, I'm just 4 years younger than my wife, and occasionally she has been mistaken for my mother!

hiddenneggs / Will
----
"But then again, i think the main reason people invented civilization was to get together and complain about the wild animals eating them." --mousapelli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:30 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

hiddenneggs wrote:
Annoying though it is, Jasujo, it could be worse. My wife's ash-blond hair has been increasingly white for the past several years -- it's not pure white yet, but it's getting there. She's now 47, and our daughter is 12 (though she's short enough that she can easily be mistaken for younger). I couldn't count the number of times people have taken them for grandmother and granddaughter instead of mother and daughter. (Yes, that's mathematically quite possible even if people knew the ages of each, but still.)

Worse yet, I'm just 4 years younger than my wife, and occasionally she has been mistaken for my mother!

Ah, Hiddenneggs, I feel for your wife. Being the ripe old age of 47 myself, I would much rather be mistaken for being younger than being older.

But I also feel great empathy for those who have posted who get upset when people think they are way younger than they are. It happened to me all of the time when I was a kid. All I can say is that sooner or later, you will come to appreciate looking younger than your actual age.

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:28 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I'm 22 and my Fiance is turning 24...and this story of mine is classic...

I babysit a lot for my half-sister's family. In total I have about 8 nephews and 11 nieces. Well I was out with Tatiana (8 years old), Arkady (10), Eddie (9 1/2), Genevieve (7 1/2), Manny (5) and Arlo (4) at a local gathering where they were having fun stuff for kids on the school holidays [being paid $25 per child and $25 per hour of babysitting, I did this very willingly].

Now, I notice that I'm being watched halfway through this one ride where Arkady, Eddie, Manny and Arlo are. I notice that after about five minutes, people are whispering behind me. I'm not one to give a flying faerie uni's wings where of what people talk about, but folks were staring and pointing in my general direction.

Now for the fun bit...

This one guy grabs me from behind, whips me around and spits on my shirt, saying "All Asians are filthy <insert derogatory term here>!"

I'm like "Okay...wha-at? What did I do?"

The guy then gives me a long-standing lecture about how many kids is enough for a single TEENAGED Mother and that again, all Asians are ******! I'm calmly standing there amongst a crowd of about 45 people and rising as this guy continues to chew me out. By now Arkady, Manny, Arlo and Eddie are off the ride and by mine, Tatiana's and Genevieve's sides. I let this guy get it all out, which takes a good 20 minutes, TOPS.

He pauses to catch his breath...and I let rip on his tail-end.

I tell him I'm a respectable, TAKEN girl of 22 years old, and happily engaged to be married in 2006. I'm also the AUNTIE of these six kids and that his berating and foul language has not only taught these kids that all males have brains the size of microscopic peas, but taught that the rest of the crowd watching has nothing better to do with their time than get off on some poor girl, an AUNTIE to four nephews and two nieces, gets blasted for no good reason other than to prove that the majority of Australians are all racist morons.

I usher the kids ahead of me, grab the guy's pants and dump what's left of the large coke I got for the girls down the front of them. I tell him the next bloody time he tries to chew out someone for babysitting, he ASK the girl if the kids are really hers to begin with before making a total smurf of himself in front of a crowd. I get the kids to the main gate completely ticked off and am then asked to procure ID because, to the security guards (who saw me enter and asked for NO ID because I paid for an adult ticket) I look like a 14 year old.

Not my best of days, I can tell you :x I took the kids home and had them watch some of my Sonic X DVDs 'til their folks came home. I've never been back to that place -since- that incident, either.

Nowadays, I get mistaken for James's (my Fiance's) MOTHER. Some people are an infernal nuisance because they see only the height and hear only the deepness of my voice and make assumptions instantly that I'm my Fiance's Mom. For the record, Judy and I look nothing alike - she's white and has strawberry blonde hair, I'm Australasian and have Raven-Black hair.

Some Australians really need to be used for target practice... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:26 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Oh well...
Last year I was on holiday with some friends and I was the oldest one (I was 15, while they were all aged 10-13), but boys kept mistaking me for the youngest one - it wasn't nice.
I think it depends from the fact that I'm quite short, I hate make-up and I usually go around wearing jeans and t-shirt, while they all wear mini-skirts and such...

At the telephone it's still stranger, because I've the voice identical to my mother's, and all her friends thinks it's her when I answer :lol:

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks everyone for your comforting anecdotes. I am very glad that I don't look older than my age (I feel for your wife, hiddenneggs ;) ). It'd still be nice, at age 26, to be at least considered an adult. Although at being only 26, calling myself an adult still feels weird. In my eyes, an adult is someone 5+ years older than me (no matter what age I am ;) lol). I don't know what that makes my friends and me, though. We can't be old teenagers . . . . Young adults maybe? I guess that's it. :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4