Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Is it really the thought that counts?
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Today was one of my freinds birthdays (well 2.. but i'd already given one card), so I drew one thismorning for them :)

See I got a peice of A4 and wrote HAPPY BIRTHDAY on it in pink, and then inside i copied a poem i found on a google search

So incredibly... incredibly tacky 8)

Do you think its the thought that counts? or would you be rather annoyed if someone gave you something that... erm terrible?

They wern't a close freind or anything, just a *close aquaintance* (sp?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:11 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

ive had to do that many times :oops:

I still think its the thought that counts. Its better than nothing, and it also means you have taken your time to do something nice for them :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

How long did you spend on it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Lillie wrote:
How long did you spend on it?

Oooh maybe 15 minutes in thee morning?

*It was very fancy handwriting*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:41 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Maybe you can get that person a belated birthday present. Sure, one can say that it's the thought that counts, and give him or her an old copy of some newspaper. There should be more than just thought, maybe effort?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:03 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'm going to be a Devil's Advocate here and say that I would really prefer that someone gave me a hug instead of giving a gift that I'll never use. Actually, I'd prefer a hug to a good gift anyday. Hugs are exchangable without a reciept, can be reused as much as you wish and are nicer than chocolate in my opinion. :)

I mean, nobody's going to find a use for a doily... so why bother giving it to them? Don't disgrace people- embrace people!
*Patriotic music plays in the background*
Alright- who's doing that?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, I don't usaully buy birthday cards anyway. But, making your own, is somewhat, more persoanl, than buying one in a shop.

Captain Insano wrote: I'd like to change my name to Bno2 please, as he is my hero.
Shoyru_Lover wrote: i want to change my gender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:22 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I guess in this case it depends in whether you made the cards just to get them out of the way or you put some thought and work into it. I usually don't pay much attention to things like these because I'm not one of those people that love getting gifts, but I know I like it if someone put some effort into it, you can usually tell when they do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:24 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

As said before, you could give them this card today, then buy them a present over the weekend.

|Nifty set by Silja|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:55 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm horrible at finding cards - either that or we don't have any. I hate getting cards for guys...I dunno why, I just do.

I'd just get a present over the weekend, and tell them that you "left it at home". I've done that a couple of times :P

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Actually, I do that loads of times, because I really don't like any of the cards that shops sell. Either they have a baby picture in front, there's something stupid written in the card, or the entire thing just looks terrible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:08 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Just a thought but If you give something you made yourself but with malicious thoughts it would test the theory of whether the thought actually counted as if the though did count then something bad would happen to the person that got it.....!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Christopher wrote:
Just a thought but If you give something you made yourself but with malicious thoughts it would test the theory of whether the thought actually counted as if the though did count then something bad would happen to the person that got it.....!

*Is confused*

Yea i'd buy her a present but as I said, shes only really an aquaintance so I don't want to get her a gift then she'd have to get me one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Christopher wrote:

I think you need to rephrase that. To test the theory of whether the thought counts as if it did count, and then something bad would happen to the person receiving the card? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, I think it's the thought that counts if you actually tried to at least do something nice. That's the problem with my mother-in-law. She won't get me anything I actually like (ex.: books, TCGs, Hello Kitty plushies, etc.), so she tries to find something that she likes that I might like. Usually it's something that I will never use and I end up giving it to my mother if it's something she'd like. She tries to get something I'd like, but she really doesn't listen. This year she's been *much* better, though. For my birthday she actually gave me money for a bookcase. :)

I actually used to make homemade cards all the time. It'd take me at least an hour to sketch up the drawing, color it in, and stencil some nice words. Some of those cards turned out really beautiful, especially the dragon and rose ones. I wish I had kept copies. :)

If you need a nice cheap gift, check out a dollar store. You can find some nice hidden treasures there and nothing is very expensive. :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next