Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

Art term?

Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:51 am

Various art terms are used to describe certain styles of art, e.g. Impressionism, Cubism, Futurism.

What is the name of this:

Using words, be it poetry, a phrase or a song, you use it as a stimulus and draw a picture according to it. You place the words onto the picture.

For example:

Yellow roses
The colour of sunshine

Beside these words are a bouquet of yellow roses.

I would like to know the term for this style of art very badly and would be grateful to whoever can tell me. Thank you!

Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:31 am

You mean like performance poetry? Gosh this is bugging me now! I've heard of it but I can't quite remember! *tootles off to Google it*

Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:00 pm

Well, I was focusing on the words being used as a stimulus for visual/fine art.

Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:52 pm

Umm... Lilly?

Impressionism, Cubism, Futurism
Those are all different styles of art, what you're describing is a way of doing art.
Much of art throughout the centuries has been caused by verbal or visual stimuli. I've honestly never heard a name for it. Not in any of my classes, not as a style, or a period of art.
It's something different then what you've mentioned. More like a technique then a style.

Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:56 pm

Inrun is right, they're periods/styles.

I'm not sure that there is a word for it.

Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:18 pm

yes, they are all different styles of art.

Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:31 am

ahoteinrun wrote:Umm... Lilly?

Impressionism, Cubism, Futurism
Those are all different styles of art, what you're describing is a way of doing art.
Much of art throughout the centuries has been caused by verbal or visual stimuli. I've honestly never heard a name for it. Not in any of my classes, not as a style, or a period of art.
It's something different then what you've mentioned. More like a technique then a style.

Oh no. I was hoping it was a particular style of art and I could find an artist who did it. I'm supposed to be copying an artist's style of work right now and I thought that would be so cool. x_x
Topic locked