Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

I need help...

Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:47 pm

My friend really wants me to solve a riddle for her, and I can't. It is so hard and I don't want to let her down. Here is the riddle, I hope you guys can help me.

Two legs I have,
and this will confound:
only at rest do they
touch the ground!
What am I?

Help...

Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:04 pm

I'm no good at riddles, but the first thing I thought when I read that riddle was "a bird". Because well, they have two legs, they fly a lot, and when they rest, they're on the ground?

Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:27 pm

I thought bird as well. Could be something else though.

Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:56 pm

Meh, I was going to say plane, but they have three "legs". It's probably some kind of object...

Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:00 pm

wheelbarrow :D

*space holder for 3 words*

Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:15 pm

Heh, I would have said wheelbarrow too. :oops:

Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:21 pm

Emy-chan wrote:Heh, I would have said wheelbarrow too. :oops:

Well..obviously... :oops: ehm...

Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:51 am

wheelbarrow or bird, i dunno though

Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:17 am

I was thinking a bird also.

Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:21 am

Wheelbarrow makes more sense than a bird. A bird isn't at rest when it's on the ground, they hop around and peck at things. There are also birds that don't fly at all (ostrich, penguin). A wheelbarrow doesn't and can't move when its 'legs' are touching the ground.

Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:42 am

DiscordantNote wrote:Wheelbarrow makes more sense than a bird. A bird isn't at rest when it's on the ground, they hop around and peck at things. There are also birds that don't fly at all (ostrich, penguin). A wheelbarrow doesn't and can't move when its 'legs' are touching the ground.

Oh, you're right. I forgot about the penguins and ostrishes. Kinda hard to overlook them, they're rather large. I guess it's because the closest ones to me are at the zoo, and little robins are always twittering around outside. ;)

Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:28 am

The Fifth Marauder wrote:and little robins are always twittering around outside. ;)

And I just pictured Robin the PPT Mod twittering around outside your window.
Topic locked