Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

My parents...

Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:17 pm

Are getting a divorce. I don't know what to do since this hasn't happened to any of my friends. If anyone has any advice to offer, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:19 pm

Don't take sides.

Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:08 pm

Aww, poor you! Still, it is better than them aruging and stuff all the time *glomp*.

Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:52 pm

Well my parents divorced like a month after i was born .. I say not to lean towards or favor one or the other ...

Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:19 pm

my friends just go with the flow... sometimes you just have to let them do what they think is right

Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:20 pm

Milk it for presents.
Hah, that sounds shallow and mean, but my friend did...she regularly guilt trips. But her dad had an affair...

Um...try not to take sides and stay out of arguments.

Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:31 pm

*gives cookie* best you can do is try to live ur life as normal, dont let it get to u, there wil lbe tiem for fun and greaveance

Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:56 pm

Thanks you guys... I am over it a bit now, but I'm still really sad. I can't take sides, since they haven't told me why they're divorcing. :(

Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:25 pm

It's okay. *patpat*
Do you have siblings? If so, watch out for them, and try to keep yourselves together. Now that your parents are separating, you mustn't let that separate the rest of your family as well.
I'm going through the same thing right now, so if you ever need to talk, you can always PM me.

Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:20 am

I will pray for you tonight. Before we came to God,my parents used to scare me that they would leave eachother..it got better over the years,though. Now they just have the tiny fight every once in a while.

At any rate,I think you need to try and figure out why. And if you can..try to fix the problem,if you can..well,I'm sure it would be hard to change their minds,but I'm kind of strong headed when I comes to this stuff. But all I have to say is,is that this is a good time to lean on religion..

Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:01 am

Though nobody ever likes it, I recommend group therapy. Religion is a bit like a drug...you might get hooked if you try it :P

Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:07 am

I reccomend not making a huge deal out of it. I enjoy seeing my parents individually than having them together, but arging like hell (like back when I was 4, what fun)

Anyway, as Igg said, and I will now say (to live vicairiously through you) MILK. FOR. EVERYTHING.

After all, law cases like this are never messy, and never leave both sides out of money >.>;;

Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:12 am

Depends on the group therapy sessions. If your parents are sure they're getting a divorce; the only reason you'd have family counseling is to ensure a smooth transition.
Otherwise, get therapy for yourself to make sure that you will transition all right.

Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:23 pm

Exploit the situation by taking sides, unless you really don't like her, or if your father is a violent person, I reccommend taking sides with your mother.

Unless you have a problem with doing things like that, then you should listen to everyone else.

Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:27 pm

*hugs* I'm sorry.

Well some advice is to not be too partial to one parent. And even if there's one person to blame, don't do anything bias unless you hear both sides. There's got to be a reason, right?
Topic locked