Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

*cradles poor Chrome*

Do you have a lot of mucus? This won't be the most pleasant thing, but it apparently works.

Get a cup of steaming hot water and slap your nose over it, so the nose is in the cup (not touching water, obviously). Make sure steam can't get out. I suppose you ought to lift your face up occasionally to breathe, but apparently the mucus will come pouring out.

Never had first-hand experience of that although my mother swears that it worked for my brother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:59 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Lillie wrote:
*cradles poor Chrome*

Do you have a lot of mucus? This won't be the most pleasant thing, but it apparently works.

Get a cup of steaming hot water and slap your nose over it, so the nose is in the cup (not touching water, obviously). Make sure steam can't get out. I suppose you ought to lift your face up occasionally to breathe, but apparently the mucus will come pouring out.

Never had first-hand experience of that although my mother swears that it worked for my brother.

Gosh that sounds vile!

Get well soon Chromey! (I'm LalaDoodles/Lenni btw. I'm not sure if you remember me but I remember yoouuuuu!!!)

It's nice to see you around again! Wow it's weird seeing you as a new member! :lol: Welcome back darlin'!

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That does sound vile. I really haven't had that much mucus as of late, so it's unnecessary. Steam is supposed to be good for you though.

In all seriousness, I'm really starting to get nervous. I read horror stories of people who ended up with chronic sinusitis, for which there is no cure. They will live with it for the rest of their lives. I'm pretty sure that's only if they let it go untreated for too long, but the I'm not into the idea of never being able to taste or smell anything, always having this foul taste in my mouth and bad breath, being almost unable to eat, and having low energy. So I should consider myself extremely lucky I went to the doctor so quickly. Sinusitis isn't a life-threatening disease, but the anecdotes all say the same thing about the constant pain, pressure, and how it practically destroys your life. By the way, last night I was wide awake thinking it was like 11:00 PM when in actuality it was 5:00 AM. I didn't feel tired at all. So now I don't have to eat and I don't have to sleep. I'm like a zombie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:01 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

What will we do with you, eh?

Drink lots of fluids, like some people here have already said. I find hot lemonade (heat some up in a saucepan XD) helps alot when I have a really bad cold, but obviously that doesn't really compare to you. And putting a cold sponge over your nose helps too. :)

Try eating ice-cream and jelly too. And yoghart. To soooooothe. Yummy!

Get better soon, ok? Or else...(mwahahaha)!

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:09 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Urgh, that all sounds truly disgusting. Please feel better! I know several people with chronic sinus problems, and it ain't pretty, but hopefully you caught it in time!

If you're not really sick of trying various odd remedies, I would suggest trying a nettie pot. It's a small teapot-like thing you can get in health stores, and you fill it with warm, salted water, and, er, tilt you head sideways and pour the water into one nostril and it sould come out the other. It's one of the only things that works for my dad, but if you're not too congested anymore...you might not want to try it!

ImageThanks to Kristina for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:22 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yeah, I've got terrible sinus problems for a length of 2 weeks during late spring. Every morning I wake up with a stuffy nose and scratchy throat and when I try to fall asleep I just won't because my nose is completely stuffed when I lie down.

I can empathize. *hug*

(He who fights with monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster). And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:50 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Chrome, I feel for you. But I think the doctor you visited was Psycho. I have had a Sinus Infection and Bronchitis (Broncitis still, although it is getting better now), and that definately sounds more like Bronchitis to me. Sinus infections are more sneezing, irritated noses, watery eyes, and congested/runny noses than bending over backwards coughing and such.

You poor girl!!! Stay in bed. Read if you have nothing else to do, and drink at LEAST five large glasses of water, ginger ale, orange juice or whatever daily. Try to eat, overcoming your disease really counts on it. It supplies energy to your body, which really, truly, improves your condition. I know your not hungry - but try.

Edit: And don't eat dairy! For some reason it temporairily worsens your condition!!!

Set made by me! Request Board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:34 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

if I remember right, I don't think Chrome eats dairy anyways.

*yells, voice cracking*C-C-C-CHHHHHRR-O-O-MMMEEE!!!! Good to see you back. I was wondering where you were when I finally came back. I hope you get better soon * hugs*

oh, btw, if you haven't guessed yet, this is *cough*sonchynne*cough*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hey, look who's back. :)

It's hard for me to give any sort of advise since I'm not familiar with this whole disease, but I can second what Runevalk said about spicy foods. It tends to clear your sinuses pretty well. I haven't tried salsa, but I've tried hot, spicy soups and it seems to work.

Just get well soon. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yikes Chromey... that sounds horrible... s.s
I'm glad that your back... but... similarly to Senja...
I can't think of anything to say...

Get well soon! We're all hoping for the best for ya! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:22 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
Welcome back, Chrome, you were sorely missed by everyone!

Though I am sorry to hear about your infection and I hope you get well soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Chrome, the likelihood of you having chronic sinusitis is about as close as your hair turning green after a shower. Unless your brother is the type to put green hair dye into your shampoo, I wouldn't worry too much about it. (If he isn't, it's always fun to test it out on him. *angelic* :D)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2