Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Sinusitis SUCKS.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think this is a good first topic, because it explains part of the reason why I was gone so long while at the same time inviting new blood to listen to me complain about my agony.

It all began, oh, a week ago when I woke up and had a sore throat. My voice was scratchy, and that was the extent of it. Within a day, my voice was reduced to a whisper, and I was forced to call in sick for work. Laryngitis. Now keep in mind, I'm almost NEVER sick. I try pretty hard to keep myself healthy, and I haven't had a real illness since I was about eight. 'Til now.

With laryngitis, it was nearly impossible to understand me. The next day, the laryngitis improved slightly...I guess the bacteria/viruses decided to find new ways to torture me. Every day became one big cough. I couldn't get a sentence by without breaking into a coughing fit, and I was extremely drained and lethargic. And I had no idea what was wrong with me. A guy friend of mine suggested I might've caught bronchitis from him, but I don't think bronchitis is even contagious, so he's a moron (smokes, too).

At my worst, I couldn't sleep, because I coughed all night. I coughed while eating, drinking, showering, whatever. I had (have) a constant terrible taste in my mouth that no amount of altoids can get rid of. My appetite was (is) history. In the middle of the night, when I woke up coughing like mad, I ran into the bathroom, by the toilet, hoping I could throw up and get rid of whatever was causing this. No such luck. My mom walked in, and I finally got her to break down and take me to the doctor. The next day (after spending like three hours in the waiting room...thank you, PrimaCare...), I was diagnosed with a sinus infection, which was kind of a letdown, because those two words come nowhere close to describing how bad it is. I was given two death-tasting medicines to take and told to "take it easy" for a few days. Well, I was already a wreck, so to me "taking it easy" would mean, like, dying.

Most of my symptoms improved, even though I coughed some here and there and the pressure and drainage remained. Now, here I am. I have no desire whatsoever to eat. I just skipped three meals and am reaaaally trying here, but everything tastes like 10 knotches below how it should taste. Even my favorite, Chinese. The taste isn't why I'm not hungry, but it sure doesn't help. This would be a good thing if I wasn't skinny to begin with, but no, I'm going to slowly waste away because of those bacteria/viruses in my nose...uh, so how was your week?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:00 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

My week was err... nothing like yours
anywho
happy first post!
and since im a little slow, are you still sick, if so, get well soon, if not, whoops

Quick! Hide your waffles! The true canadian is back with a new attidude~ Now if you excuse me, there's fudgesicles in my fridge!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:16 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Well its nice to see you again, I can say that! I was thinking you had either left or died but it seems its just a little mixture of both. Well I hope you get better. I can't really think of any other sympathetic things to say currently so I'll leave it at that unless you decide to whack me over the head and demand some Get Well Soon party favors :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:23 am 

I sympathize. I get the worst sinus infections. Two this school year, both horrible. The worst thing for me is that I cannot breathe through my nose at all. So I understand your pain.

If you can't bring yourself to eat, at least get some fluids. Juice, tea, water, even 7-up. Your body'll be ok missing a few meals, but you really don't want to get dehydrated. Try food like saltine crackers, jello, boring things like that, and eat as much as you can, even if it's only a tiny bit.

Hope you feel better soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, drink lots of fluids, and you might be able to taste some of the more pungent insant (cup) noodles.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:57 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

First off, welcome back to PPT Chromefox!

My advice is that you should drink lots of fluids and as the doctor said, take it easy. It may not be the funnest thing to do, but it well help you feel better.

I do hope you get well soon!

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
From my expirience, get as much rest as you can. A cold compress over the face (exspecially over the sinus area) helps too.

Also from my expirence, what really clears up congestion is very spicy salsa. Just chug it down and it should kick in (I only did that once though.) Seriously If your doctor allows it as well as the medication, a saline nose spray helps nasal congestion as well as over the counter Sudafed (or the generics) help with the pain and congestion.

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Runevalkyrie wrote:
Also from my expirence, what really clears up congestion is very spicy salsa. Just chug it down and it should kick in (I only did that once though.)

XDDDD

My mom does that too in the winter when cedar pollen is at its peak. (It's bad here in Austin) Except she puts waay too many jalepenos in there (she's not Hispanice by the way, she just grew up around El Paso), and her nose is all red. XD

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yay! You're back!

Now which one of the staff won the pool on the closet day you'd return....

*glances around* Did I just blow the whistle on that?

Anywho.
Happy to have you back Chrome, things just weren't he same without you!

p.s There was no staff pool.

p.p.s And if there was, I think Jim won.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:32 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Hi Chromey ^_^

Aww I missed you. When I heard you were back from Ahoteinrun, I was going to bombard you and waggle my finger at you and ask where you've been?! You were missed greatly!

But now you've robbed me of that chance ¬_¬ I sincerely hope you're happy... jk :P

I'm so sorry to hear about your sickness. I hope it goes away soon. You know what really helps sore throat? Icecream. Trust me it works. That's why hospitals always give it to you when you have your tonsils taken out. It like covers your thoat with coldness which is good.

Don't be a stranger!

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:37 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Shoyru_Lover wrote:
Hi Chromey ^_^

Aww I missed you. When I heard you were back from Ahoteinrun, I was going to bombard you and waggle my finger at you and ask where you've been?! You were missed greatly!

But now you've robbed me of that chance ¬_¬ I sincerely hope you're happy... jk :P

I'm so sorry to hear about your sickness. I hope it goes away soon. You know what really helps sore throat? Icecream. Trust me it works. That's why hospitals always give it to you when you have your tonsils taken out. It like covers your thoat with coldness which is good.

Don't be a stranger!

ahhh
ice cream as a cure...
i love it

Quick! Hide your waffles! The true canadian is back with a new attidude~ Now if you excuse me, there's fudgesicles in my fridge!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Welcome back, Chrome, good to see you! :D

...But not so good to hear about your infection. :( I can't say that I know how you feel, as I've never had one, but it sounds horrible. You may not feel hungry, but don't make things worse by not eating anything at all. Just try to manage down a cracker or something now and then. Good luck, Chrome, and I hope you get better soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:33 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Yay! Its back!

Maybe take lots of Menthol based lozenges?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Glad to be back. :D I have more gripes.

This sickness seems to focus a lot on making the victim as disgusting as possible. For one, you're forced to swallow snot more often than I'd like. Not to get into detail, but a few days ago out of nowhere a load of snot went into my throat, and I thought I was gonna choke. Had no choice but to squeeze it down. I hate you, sinusitis!

Also, for reasons only the viruses know, it makes your breath bad. I haven't actually had someone ("someone" being one of the two people I've been able to interact with in the last week, my mom and brother) tell me my breath was bad, but I read it on a web site. And considering how nasty the taste in my mouth is, a bad smell can't be too far away. Even though I just vigorously brushed my teeth with the mintiest darn toothpaste I could find, I can still taste the mintiness deteriorating away in my mouth into pure nasty.

By the way, I read on a website that this sickness takes about three weeks to go away, and antibiotics don't help all that much. So kill me now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:09 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I googled Sinusitus and came up with This:

- The mildest form will last about 3 weeks, the next one up 8 weeks, and and the worst up to a year.

From this site: http://www.niaid.nih.gov/factsheets/sinusitis.htm

My sympathy for you...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next