Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Do you own an ipod?
Yes 45%  45%  [ 48 ]
No 54%  54%  [ 57 ]
what is an ipod? 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 106
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:07 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

endlessdaydreams wrote:
Nope. Don't have one, don't want one. I'm holding out for an MP3 player. I don't see the point in getting an Ipod, as they're a money trap. I don't want to have to buy songs to put on one, I'll just hook my MP3 player to my computer and load my cds one there. Plus, a daughter of someone my mom works with got a new Ipod, and the screen blew up. It just blew up all of sudden, and its not like she damaged it. She treats her Ipods well. With Ipods, you're always having to buy new batteries and songs for them, its too much hassle.

I'm sorry, I really am, but you are terrible terribly misinformed. I mean, really, not even a factual error. But too many faults to not to say.

1) First of all, iPods are mp3 players, so it's kind of pointless to say "I don't see the point in getting an iPod, I'm holding out for a mp3 player"
2) iPods aren't money traps, they just hold more than average mp3 player, and have a lot more features.
3) You don't need to buy anything once you have your iPod. You don't need to buy songs. You can put songs on you already own from your CDs or from your computer onto your iPod.
4) Even if the screen did "blow up" (very very rare), you can always get a sparkly new one for free.
5) You don't need to buy new batteries for iPods. They have their own lithium rechargable battery built in, and even after say, 12-14 months, the battery stops holding the charge, you can return it to Apple (assuming you bought it directly from them- best choice.)
6) It isn't really a hassle, the customer service at Apple is very good.
7) It's iPod, geez.

Welcome to the forums.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:41 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

No Ipod. i got myself a 1GIG song mP3 player. I am a sony fanboy and very anti-apple. I don't know, i just don't like the way apple always makes programs to complicate stuff when a normal MP3 player is so much simpler to use. I won't even start with apple computers :P

IDB Supermod and Rater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:45 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Two years ago for christmas, my dad bought me an Ipod mini, when that was the smallest they came :roll: Its pink [not my favorite color] with my name engraved on the back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

hate to bump this but i'm too lazy to make a new topic. -__-

nonetheless, i reecently recieved an apple ipod nano. now it was free, so despite the fact that I would have liked something bigger, this will have to do until i get a bigger one.

my question is twofold. firstly, you can import music that you already have on your computer right? or do you have to burn all your music to CDs then rip them through i tunes?

secondly, does itunes convert your music into weirdo formats like MP4 or anything?

EDIT- does the stupid ipod have to be attached in order to charge the battery?
more questions to come.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

-Ducky- wrote:
hate to bump this but i'm too lazy to make a new topic. -__-

nonetheless, i reecently recieved an apple ipod nano. now it was free, so despite the fact that I would have liked something bigger, this will have to do until i get a bigger one.

my question is twofold. firstly, you can import music that you already have on your computer right? or do you have to burn all your music to CDs then rip them through i tunes?

secondly, does itunes convert your music into weirdo formats like MP4 or anything?

EDIT- does the stupid ipod have to be attached in order to charge the battery?
more questions to come.

1) In iTunes, go to 'File'>'Add File to Library' and then locate the file you wish to add. Alernativly, you can place all the files you want to add into the one folder and add that whole forlder by going to 'File'>'Add Folder to Library' and select the folder.

2) Not that I know of. But I'm unsure about this one.

3) Yes, unless you buy the 'iPod USB Power Adapter'. You plug the USB bit into the plug (which is obviously in a socket), and the bit that attaches to the iPod goes in the iPod. It then charges it up. It's great if you want to travel.

Link to the USB Adapter on Amazon.com

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:01 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

thanks ixi.

now, is it possible for me to download the PPT podcasts onto this dinky little thing? or...not?

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

-Ducky- wrote:
is it possible for me to download the PPT podcasts onto this dinky little thing?

Yep. In the Music Store, search for 'PPT Podcasting Neopets'. It should be the only result.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ixistant wrote:
-Ducky- wrote:
is it possible for me to download the PPT podcasts onto this dinky little thing?

Yep. In the Music Store, search for 'PPT Podcasting Neopets'. It should be the only result.

thanks a million.

one last (hopefully) question. this is gonna make me sound like an idiot, but then again, i am, so i was wondering how to charge the stupid battery :oops: .

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
You plug it in to your computer, same as you would to put on the files. Just keep it connected til it's fully charged :)

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I have a 512 MB shuffle. My mom won it in a raffle and gave it to me.

"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:34 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I have a silver iPod mini, 6GB. Could update to a Nano, but I personally hate them. Too skinny for me, I'd be afraid I'd crush in it my pocket or something. :peace:

[ set by Requiem. <3 ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:41 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

EvilPickle wrote:
I have a silver iPod mini, 6GB. Could update to a Nano, but I personally hate them. Too skinny for me, I'd be afraid I'd crush in it my pocket or something. :peace:

I'm afraid of nanos for exactly that reason. They're just too tiny! They don't even have any weight to them! I mean, most Mac products are pretty insubstantial, but even Romi has a bit of weight to her!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

i have a silver 6gb ipod mini.

bought it duty free on an overseas trip.. and then a few months later.. the nano came out.. :roll:

but i still like mine because i agree with amethyst and evilpickle, they are really slim, and i break things rather easily. :P

and now the movie ones are out, if i could upgrade, i would go for the 60gb version of those. :D pretty ;)

the only thing i dislike about the ipod is that its linked to one computer. i have mine linked to my home computer, but since i'm away for ages these days, and take my laptop with me everywhere, it would be nice if i could selectively upload new songs through laptop when i buy new cds, instead of waiting till i got home to do it (and i don't have enough hd space on my laptop to link it to ipod)

If you see my sanity, get it to give me a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:33 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I have a black 30GB iPod Video. ^_^ I got it a week after my birthday and I love it. Lol, I have no idea how I'm going to fill it up though, right now I currently have 2 movies and 432 songs.

Thoughts are like buttons!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

i think that the video ones are too thin for my taste , that and the fact that if i wanted to watch a tv show, i would rather watch it on my 44 inch flat screen then a 2-inch one.

ImageImage

Last edited by -Ducky- on Fri May 05, 2006 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next