Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Can you fake accents?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:59 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Ooops. Uh Fake Smurf? Wooden Smurf? Bad actor Smurf?

It's coming...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:40 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Being able to say "I don't speak English." in a good Polish accent comes in handy in Chicago. I've learned that today. :D

Dear BBC: get better American accents, and we'll try to do English well. Please.

"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Twinkle wrote:
Helena wrote:
Hil wrote:

I think a generic American accent is like a "national newscaster's accent."

Back to the topic: No, I really can't fake an accent. Scottish and Irish accents are really hard to fake. Irish people do not sound like the lucky charms guy. Also, I don't know why some people think that the English talk like the chimney sweeper from Mary Poppins. I've been there, and nobody talks like that!

Some people here do talk like the chimney sweeper though. Its like..... Shoot, theres this female singer who sings with a cockney accent who's name I can't remember. Anyone know who she is? The name ran away :( :P

Good grief. NOBODY talks like the "chimney sweeper" as smurf Van Dyke does the worst cockney accent in film history. It's terrible!

Do you mean Kate Nash btw?

Ok, not quite like that, but still a little bit. And it could be Kate Nash, I have no idea atm.

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:33 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

But of course! http://youtube.com/watch?v=SfR6tb3mtD8 but i wasn't very good there, lol. that was actually a while back...and i've been practicing!

I"m getting pretty good at an Australian accent, and i can say "you, daaaahling" with a New York-er accent and that's about it, lol. I find texan accents hard, personally...lol (and I think my Australian accent may be more British than anything else...I don't know the difference, lol)

@->->--
A rose for you, my love...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:16 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

thesockoverlord wrote:
(and I think my Australian accent may be more British than anything else...I don't know the difference, lol)
Aussie accents are pretty British, I think. I mean, Aussies mostly started out Brit, right?

niel/dark_draconis88 on Neo/GPX+

Devourer of Oranges

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:27 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

draconis wrote:
thesockoverlord wrote:
(and I think my Australian accent may be more British than anything else...I don't know the difference, lol)
Aussie accents are pretty British, I think. I mean, Aussies mostly started out Brit, right?

*sigh* There's no such thing as a British accent. And Aussie's sound nothing like us. At all. In fact, South African accents sound more similar to English than Austrailian accents do.

It's coming...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:00 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

draconis wrote:
thesockoverlord wrote:

There isn't a British accent.
I mean, I have something like seven different influences on my accent and I've lived in only two places.
And I could easily name a couple dozen further accents.

And to be fair, most English speaking countries got it from us.. (And I say most only to cover my bases)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:12 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

what? haha, now all my childhood dreams have been squashed. how is there not a brittish accent...? i'm confuzzled now...

@->->--
A rose for you, my love...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:19 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

thesockoverlord wrote:
what? haha, now all my childhood dreams have been squashed. how is there not a brittish accent...? i'm confuzzled now...

I think there isn't a British British, there's various local accents but eh no one actually speaks in what everyone thinks it The British Accent? o_O

niel/dark_draconis88 on Neo/GPX+

Devourer of Oranges

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:24 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

draconis wrote:
thesockoverlord wrote:

I think there isn't a British British, there's various local accents but eh no one actually speaks in what everyone thinks it The British Accent? o_O

Wrong again. England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland are all part of Britain but are different countries. We have entirely different accents, aside from regional ones. When most Americans talk of a British accent, you're all thinking of an <i>English</i> accent. Anyway, this accent is "Queen's English" which no-one tends to talk in anyway because of said regional accents. It just helps Americans understand what the heck we're on about.

When I was at camp in America, I had to adapt my accent to 'Queen's English' (I know, weird right?) so that the kids could understand me. I'm so common back home so when I came back sounding like Kate Winslet, I was pronounced "posh".

It's coming...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:24 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Twinkle wrote:
draconis wrote:
thesockoverlord wrote:

Wrong again. England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland are all part of Britain but are different countries. We have entirely different accents, aside from regional ones. When most Americans talk of a British accent, you're all thinking of an <i>English</i> accent. Anyway, this accent is "Queen's English" which no-one tends to talk in anyway because of said regional accents. It just helps Americans understand what the heck we're on about.

When I was at camp in America, I had to adapt my accent to 'Queen's English' (I know, weird right?) so that the kids could understand me. I'm so common back home so when I came back sounding like Kate Winslet, I was pronounced "posh".

For what it's worth, I have never actually met anyone who spoke Received pronunciation (Queens English).
And on a side note, my accent is considered to be posh around here.
I'm from Southampton. :roll:

(although I may have mentioned this one before....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:50 pm 

Twinkle wrote:
draconis wrote:
thesockoverlord wrote:

haha! You came to america and got all soft...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:03 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Asthaloth wrote:
For what it's worth, I have never actually met anyone who spoke Received pronunciation (Queens English).

I'm from Wolverhampton. 'Nuff said. :roll:

It's coming...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:30 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Twinkle wrote:
Asthaloth wrote:

*point* She's a yam yam :D

that's me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:47 am 
PPT God
PPT God

jellyoflight wrote:
Twinkle wrote:
Asthaloth wrote:

*point* She's a yam yam :D

*Is from North West London* North West is COMPLETELY the new East End :D

I don't exist. omo

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5