Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: 10 Things I've Done That You Probably Haven't
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Took me a while to think up 10:

1. Co-taught a college-level ensemble with another student while still in college
And the prof who was supposed to "guide" us figured we'd come begging for help after a week, so didn't end up meeting with us until mid-semester (when she finally had to break down and admit we were doing fine on our own). In the end, I think the ensemble I taught played better than the one I played in.

2. Worked at NASA for two summers.
Like, in Building 4-South (where the astronauts are), Building 30 (mission control), and Building 9 (where the mock-ups are). Working in Building 9 and in the Mission Control rooms was cool, as the tours tell people that anyone on the floor might be an astronaut, so all these little kids kept waving at me, thinkin' I was someone important. :P

3. Stopped going to my dad's house when I was 17 1/2 years old.
Legally, I was supposed to go to his house Wednesday nights, and every 2nd, 4th, and 5th weekend until I turned 18. I got sick of fighting him for the right to go to church, as he claimed it was time "spent with my mom" - even though most of the time, she was on the other side of the building from me... :roll:

4. Was told by my mom when I was 7 years old (and a flower girl in the wedding of a 19-year-old) that I wasn't allowed to get married until I was 21.
So, on my 21st birthday, I reminded my mother of this, seeing as my wedding was 2 1/2 weeks later. She'd forgotten she'd even said it.

5. Had the joy of moving 7 times within 2 years, all within a 2-mile radius.
Yeah for my parents getting divorced, then remarried and moving multiple times. I got *really* good at packing and unpacking my room(s).

6. Spent the entirety of my senior year of high school explaining that no, I hadn't graduated the previous year.
A LOT of adults seemed to think I had been in the previous year's graduating class, when in fact, I was not. One adult finally admitted that they had associated me with the previous year because I acted older than most of the kids from the previous year's class. :P

7. Only went to my dad's wedding (to my now ex-stepmom) because he "bribed" me with a stop over in Las Vegas to the Star Trek: The Experience hotel.
Seriously. I was going to refuse to go, cause I really didn't want to, but then he popped up with that bribe. Being 15 at the time, and obsessed with Star Trek, how could I resist that?

8. Had two abscesses surgically removed.
Ugh. No fun. One was the size of a golf ball, the second the size of a pear. Yeah. After the second one, the doctor told me I might have MRSA. Never had it tested, but I've been super-extra-careful since then, and luckily had no further instances.

9. Stayed home when my area was under mandatory evacuation for a hurricane.
Possibly multiple times. Dunno how evacuations were when I was younger, but we sure stayed through several hurricanes, whether or not we were evacuation zones. More recently though, Ike.

10. Am currently teaching bells to the grandchild of my very first bell teacher.
Which makes me feel very old. :P

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4