Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:03 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Cheese wrote:
Link wrote:
And I hope I'll be on the Jeopardy Teen Tournament this year.

You mean next year? Jennifer Wu won it this year. I'm also planning on trying out for it. :)

That's what I meant. Maybe we'll meet. =D (You're goin' down, Cheese Boy! =P)

I'm just popping in and out. Maybe I'll be back again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, seeing as everyone seems to already know about the Jeopardy! thing... *blushes* I also got into an article in Scholastic or Time For Kids or something like that because of the whole thing.

When I was really little, I was on a video thing for Sesame Street with my dance class.... hehe.

Part of my head appeared in the L.A. Times once :P , and twice I had small things published on the Kids' Page. The first one was a joke, when I was about 8. The second was an intellectual answer to a stupid question (how would the world be different without adults) when I was 13 and terribly bored.

And I was published as part of an anthology for some writing program.

There may be some other stuff, but meh, I forget.

Quote:
(And Starchaser, weren't you the big winner that day? I can vaguely remember...)

No, I lost in Final Jeopardy (hmph) and came in second.
I'm kind of impressed that you remember at all, though. :P

^ That shirt still fits. I'm wearing it right now. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:57 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Starchaser wrote:
Well, seeing as everyone seems to already know about the Jeopardy! thing... *blushes* I also got into an article in Scholastic or Time For Kids or something like that because of the whole thing.

When I was really little, I was on a video thing for Sesame Street with my dance class.... hehe.

Part of my head appeared in the L.A. Times once :P , and twice I had small things published on the Kids' Page. The first one was a joke, when I was about 8. The second was an intellectual answer to a stupid question (how would the world be different without adults) when I was 13 and terribly bored.

Quote:
(And Starchaser, weren't you the big winner that day? I can vaguely remember...)

What place were you in when you were entering FJ? Was it a bad wager that got you down to second place?

Long live Ken Jennings!
June 2, 2004 - November 30, 2004

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cheese wrote:
Starchaser wrote:

Quote:

What place were you in when you were entering FJ? Was it a bad wager that got you down to second place?

I was in first, with a fairly good lead... my wager was fine, if I'd gotten the question right, I would have won. But... yeah, I didn't know. :P

I still actually remember the answer:
FAMOUS TEENAGERS
He just turned 18, has a dog named Pigwidgeon (or something like that) and a brother name Harry.

And the answer was Prince William, which is really kind of obvious, and I read an article about him the next day. >_<

But then again, I got pretty good prizes for coming in 2nd, so I'm not complaining. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:03 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Starchaser wrote:
Cheese wrote:
Starchaser wrote:

Quote:

I was in first, with a fairly good lead... my wager was fine, if I'd gotten the question right, I would have won. But... yeah, I didn't know. :P

FAMOUS TEENAGERS
He just turned 18, has a dog named Pigwidgeon (or something like that) and a brother name Harry.

And the answer was Prince William, which is really kind of obvious, and I read an article about him the next day. >_<

But then again, I got pretty good prizes for coming in 2nd, so I'm not complaining. :)

Just a random, curious question. Did you use the safe wager for non-lock games most people use when they're in 1st place going into FJ? It's when you use the difference between 1st and 2nd place and add 1. Just wondering.

Long live Ken Jennings!
June 2, 2004 - November 30, 2004

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:51 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Starchaser wrote:
Link wrote:

I remember that episode now! I was rooting for you because you were the only girl (and the guys looked like total idiots). I had no clue what the answer was either. =P Strange...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:30 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Starchaser wrote:
Cheese wrote:
Starchaser wrote:

Quote:

FAMOUS TEENAGERS

What did you win?

Set=Kitten Medli
Adam+Liz=<3
Liz: Well. That proves how good everyone's memories are.
Me: Well I have no memor........What did you just say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:15 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Adam wrote:
Starchaser wrote:
Cheese wrote:
Starchaser wrote:

Quote:

FAMOUS TEENAGERS

What did you win?

I think they gave out computers and software that year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Igg wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
Nope, I haven't been on the television or in a newspaper, but my mum was on the gameshow (which isn't on anymore) called Fifteen to One when she was pregnant with me. (That doesn't count does it? :P) Something I've written for English at school may get published, so I may become famous that way. *grin*

OOOOOOOOH!
OOOOOOOOOH!
DEATILS?!

Oops, I forgot to tell you. Sorry Igg. :P

In my English set at school, we all had to write "our first memories" in the style of Laurie Lee, and apparently they were so good, our English teacher is trying to get them published in some way or form. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

i_love_starburst wrote:
Igg wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
Nope, I haven't been on the television or in a newspaper, but my mum was on the gameshow (which isn't on anymore) called Fifteen to One when she was pregnant with me. (That doesn't count does it? :P) Something I've written for English at school may get published, so I may become famous that way. *grin*

OOOOOOOOH!
OOOOOOOOOH!
DEATILS?!

Oops, I forgot to tell you. Sorry Igg. :P

In my English set at school, we all had to write "our first memories" in the style of Laurie Lee, and apparently they were so good, our English teacher is trying to get them published in some way or form. :)

Ooh er...Laurie Lee eh. I hope noone wrote about...er...nevermind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Um... my head was on the local news because my French teacher got a local teaching award. I also write for my school paper, if that counts. Oh, and my sister's trying to become an actress. :P

*looks for her headshot*

Ah, here's a picture of her: http://dragonfire.neo-galaxy.com/Amanda2.jpg

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:13 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Amethyst wrote:
Well, when the 5th Harry Potter book came out, my downtown turned into Diagon Alley and we had a HUGE festival. Over 3000 people were there, not counting the christian protestors who were calling all of us the children of satan.

Anyway, my friends and I dressed up in Hogwarts uniforms, and we got our picture on the front page of the newspaper!

Just a question, do you live in Chicago? Or close to it? Because we had the exact same thing with a heck of a lot of people, but I don't think we had any protestors....

When I was really yound (preschool) I was in the newpaper about twice. Now I'm pretty much unnoticed...

Thanks _jaye_!
Previously Blizzard Eater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:49 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

ive won a st. louis high school photo contest my freshmen year. it was cool. i got cash and everything. it was in the "student life" section at the st. louis high school journalism conference.

i was an oshgosh model as a kid...yanno the denim overall company for little kids

this isnt really something im proud of but i was wearing my letterman jacket w. my name on the back of the hood (its weird lookin) but my 2 close friends had just died in a car crash & the media was feeding on the issue as usual. well my family told me that night that the cameras were right behind me the entire time i was at the flag pole morning.

ive been in the newspaper a bunch of times for various volunteer groups im in too.

ImageImage
My Journal
United For A Spam Free PPT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:41 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Christopher wrote:
I was on a Gameshow for two seasons...I had people come up to me on the street recognising me, I had to grow my hair long to change my appearance.

Hey, I never knew that...oh, and Dragonfire...your sister's stunning. :o

Well. Me? I've been in the newspaper for winning (an extremely minor) Maths competition at school, there's a picture of me posing and smiling (!!!) with long hair (!!!!!!!!) holding a miniature gold trophy.

But. Nothing else apart from that, my Mum's been on TV once but they got her name completely wrong and didn't tell her beforehand that they were going to be filming, so that was a liddle awkward for her. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:08 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Urm, I have a poem published in a book. And my name in a newspaper once, I think, about the same thing. Apart from dat, nuffink. ^_^

otherwise known as the one who left PPT...and now lurks. *evil laughter*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next