Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

Music Maker/Composer?

Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:02 pm

Is there some program that allows you to make music by clicking on the keys to make notes to use or something? Just like a keyboard.. allowing you to use a variety of instruments. Or something like the composer on some of the old Nokia phones.. like 3310. Anything would be good..

Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:01 pm

There's a computer program called Finale you may want to look into.

Although I'm unsure about the current price of it, I believe it'll be at least two hundred dollars. o_O

Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:19 am

My fav. program is Overture

Search "cakewalk overture download" on google, you'll get a trial. But if you want the whole version, there are several chinese sites that you can download from.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:20 am

There's something out there called Noteworthy Composer that my band teacher uses, but I haven't actually checked it out yet.

[edit] Just checked it out, it's $39 US to buy it.
http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/

Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:24 am

I'm not sure about the price of this, but the program is called "Sonar". Also cakewalk thingy. It's pretty cool. I used it last year for CAS week (err..a week when you just do chosen activities) to create dance tracks ^^.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:42 am

Universal Senja wrote:There's a computer program called Finale you may want to look into.

Although I'm unsure about the current price of it, I believe it'll be at least two hundred dollars. o_O

Finale Notepad?

You can get a trial for it.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:11 pm

Alex wrote:
Universal Senja wrote:There's a computer program called Finale you may want to look into.

Finale Notepad?

I prefer regular Finale to Notepad, but Notepad's a great alternative if you can't afford the former.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:09 pm

meowth1982 wrote:
Alex wrote:

Finale Notepad?

I prefer regular Finale to Notepad, but Notepad's a great alternative if you can't afford the former.

I didn't even know there was a difference :P Notepad is what I used a couple of years ago in music, I was just told to download it XD

Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:03 pm

There is always Sibelius. It's good for composing any kind of music as it has TONNES of different musical sounds, from Trumpets to Bouble Bass. It's what my school uses and what my big sister uses for her Music Bachelor Of Education (which means she's training to be a Music Teacher)

Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:05 pm

I use this thing called Notation Machine to make MIDIs. The trial version is limitless, allthough the only way you can save is if you export it as a MIDI.

It's got a ton of different instruments, though, and you don't need a keyboard. Drag and drop works just as well^^
Topic locked