Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

I become australian today :)

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:58 pm

Tonight (well in 12 hours *ish*) I become an australian citizen!!!

I've been in australia for a little over 2 years now, so yay! I can stay here as long as I want now 8)

I'll post to say what it was like (its meant to be really boring..)

Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:26 am

Yay Congrats on becoming an Australian Citizen :D
My best friend became a Canadian Citizen last year (after living here for over 12 years) and she said it was boring :P

Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:28 am

Congrats on becoming an Australian Citizen! *throws confetti* :D

Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:21 am

you know when i saw your topic i got such a shock because,

last night, my mum because one too! :P lol although shes been here for 15 years and i've been bugging her for ages about it :P

congrats! :) glad you've decided to join us :)

and it depends how your local council runs it, we had individual ceremonies, where everyone said the pledge by themselves, because the chairmans opinion it made it more special, :P

and we got free food ;) and i got to indulge in a little underage drinking :P *shoosh* oh well, only 5 months until i can actually do so :P

Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:19 am

*Creates memorial tombstone for your brain* :P

One of them...one of them...

Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:38 am

Congrats XD hehe. I'd love to visit australia ^^* I might have the chance to even live there, cus my dad's job might give us that opportunity. But that's in a while, when I'm out of school o.O hehe.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:04 am

Congratulations on becoming australian, now I expect you to be hilariously funny like all the other australians I know.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:08 am

Congratulations! :)

... Can I call you Mr. Aussie Dude? :D

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:35 am

Urthdigger wrote:Congratulations on becoming australian, now I expect you to be hilariously funny like all the other australians I know.

i'm not already hillariously funny? :P

Kitten Medli wrote:Congratulations! :)

... Can I call you Mr. Aussie Dude? :D

Yes.. yes you can 8)

I just got back from school and i'll be leaving in about 20 mins to go :) Aslong as there is free food i guess it'll be ok (the only reason I go to artveiws :P

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:39 am

Zorg, why do I imagine you'd go anywhere for free food? :P

Anyway, congratulations, that's great. :D *grin*

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:06 am

Awesome!

I was born an Australian citizen, but I went to a ceremony with my family friends. It wasn't *too* boring :P

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:12 am

Congrats! :D What was your nationality before that, though?

Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:45 am

tehehe mum also got a plant, lucky shes a gardener :) some of the others where looking at their plant like *what am i supposed to do with it? which end is up? sort of thing :P*

she also got a badge and a medallion, and of course, the certificate :)

have fun! and this is for you: since summer is coming

and because i'm hilariously funny :roll: have a corker of a time! :roflol: *gradually shuts up when she realises everyones looking at her strangely*

Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:04 pm

it's sooo nice i found this out on here!!! no1 tells me anything anymore :( i think my parents have forgotten their first born :( when i arrive at the airport and there's no1 to meet me my suspicions will be confirmed!!!

zorg wrote:I just got back from school and i'll be leaving in about 20 mins to go :) Aslong as there is free food i guess it'll be ok (the only reason I go to artveiws :P

hehe, i had to fill in a psycology questionairre the other day for my housemate about alcohol, and there were questions about the likleyhood (sp) of you drinking in certain places, and one of them was a museum, and i was like.... well yeah, coz i only ever go to them for views and it's free!!

Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:49 pm

Congrats! I hope the ceremony goes/went nicely.=P
Topic locked