Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

I Just Took the GREs and Got...

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:51 pm

...a 620 on verbal and a 720 on math (both out of 800)! Analytical writing scores I'll know about in 10 to 15 days.

As an English major, I'm a little disappointed in the verbal score but holy crap, I haven't done math since high school (over 5 years ago) and managed to get that?! I'm just thankful the scores are decent, and valid for 5 years :)

Re: I Just Took the GREs and Got...

Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:10 pm

Wow, that's amazing!

I'm taking my GRE exam next year, and I'm majorly nervous!

Congratulations :) !

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:56 pm

Congratulations Ange! Your scores are great! Is there anywhere specific you're going to apply for graduate work? I've been lucky in that I haven't needed to take the GRE yet... Hopefully I'll never have to :P

Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:00 am

Before I extend my hearty congratulations, what exactly are is a GRE?

Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:04 am

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination (I believe) and is a test used as an entrance exam for many graduate schools.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:15 am

They are like the SATs (another entrance exam) times 10...two analytical writing sections, one verbal, one math, and one "surprise" section that is either verbal or math whose score doesn't count. Fun part is, you don't know which one it is!

May, er, October...I'm applying only to University of Texas at Austin for now, because they have a great Anthropology program with professors who specialize in Mesoamerica (my interest). I might apply to Vanderbilt too, we'll see. If either of those don't work out, I'm also applying for JET, a program where you teach English abroad in Japan. So, I'm either going to grad school or going abroad, both of which sound awesome to me. :)
Topic locked