Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

I GOT THE PART!!!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:28 pm

Woo!! So last week were auditions for West Side Story at this really prestigious theatre company in Hollywood. They cast according to looks, age, and talent, as opposed to children's theatre, where you'll get a 10-year-old Captain Von Trapp. Anywho, I was cast as Rafe in West Side Story!!!!!!

Rehearsals start in August, soon after I finish my run as Rooster in Annie (we perform in July). I'm so excited!!

Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:31 pm

that sounds really exciting! i never took drama or anything, but it sounds like great fun.
you must be really talented too :D keep us updated!

Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:45 pm

Wow, that's awesome! As Ecliptic said, you must be really talented! I mean, how else could you have gotten the part? That's just great! You must be really super happy and excited. Have fun and good job!

Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:49 pm

Wow! Congrats! That sure sounds cool, have fun playing! :)

Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:50 pm

Thanks to the both of you! I'll try to put this as uncocky as possible, but...I guess I'm talented? Lol. I can sing and I can dance and I can act...ok, I have to stop before my head explodes. I don't like to brag, I swear.

But the reason I'm surprised I got the part is because of my looks. I don't look old enough to be Rafe, let alone Rooster! I posted a pic of myself on the Pic Thread if you wanna see. I'm only 14, and don't look a day older. Rooster is like 40 and Rafe is like...25. XD

Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:09 pm

Congratumalations! Will you have to skip, jump, and click your fingers?

Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:13 pm

WOW! Thats great! I always wanted to do drama. Im happy for ya. :D

Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:35 pm

Congrats! Pretty soon we'll be seeing you on the silver screen :)

Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:43 pm

T.M.W.A.C.H.N wrote:Congrats! Pretty soon we'll be seeing you on the silver screen :)

Ha...I wish!

Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:45 pm

Congrats! Thats awsome!
I don't really know how the story goes but I know its famous.
Good luck! I'm hoping to be in the acting biz one day :?

Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:25 pm

Rock on! Rafe is such an awesome part! Hard core on the dancing, some nice leads in AWESOME chorus numbers, plus a fun charismatic character.

If you can get some bootlegged streaming video onto a server somewhere, I'm sure all of PPT would love to see it!

Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:45 pm

coming2atvnearu wrote:Rock on! Rafe is such an awesome part! Hard core on the dancing, some nice leads in AWESOME chorus numbers, plus a fun charismatic character.

If you can get some bootlegged streaming video onto a server somewhere, I'm sure all of PPT would love to see it!

Hehe, I'm horrible with most things technology...but if I ever find a way to get video on my computer and online, I'd be happy to show y'all!

And I can't wait to be Rafe--it is indeed an awesome part! I'm looking forward to "Gee, Officer Krupke". It's the second-best song after America. ;) And yes, major dancing...which rocks.

Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:10 pm

Congrats, mate! Acting is possibly the most fun job you can be paid for- even if you're not being paid, it's still really fulfilling.

Congrats.

Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:18 pm

162 wrote:Congrats, mate! Acting is possibly the most fun job you can be paid for- even if you're not being paid, it's still really fulfilling.

Congrats.

Hehe, I always say, I'll do a movie or tv show, even if I don't get paid! It's that fun!

Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:51 pm

congrats! The last play I did was in like 4th grade ;) But good on you!
Topic locked