Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

Glowing cat was cloned

Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:17 am

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/bi ... 15447.html

That is one weird looking kitty.

I want one.

Re: Glowing cat was cloned

Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:24 am

lol, I think it's pretty cool. Although it would probably scare you to death when it woke you up in the middle of the night by playing with your toes or something. :P

I wonder if it would be afraid of the dark?

Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:49 am

I wonder if it's real, but I'm too lazy to go digging around on the internet to find out.

Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:53 am

I can just see the idiotic memes now.

GLOWCAT IS GLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!111!!!!one!!!

Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:05 am

OMG!!!11!!!1 theonlysaneone = that lolcat is..er..LOL
I saw this in the newspaper the other day. For once, the London Lite actually had omething good in it... Or was it the Metro? o_O

Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:13 pm

Ok seriously, its creeptastic how the eye sockets look empty in the dark. Skel-o-cat?

Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:57 pm

So the world is allowed to clone freaky glowing cats but I'm not allowed to clone a vast army of genetically enhanced super soldiers that would be loyal to me and me alone?

Masters of the double standard, these scientist types.

Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:37 pm

I love that the first cloned cat was called copycat.

Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:41 pm

Aww. I wish I had a freaky glowing cat :P Wish they could glow without the ultraviolet light.

Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:57 am

Why did those scientists make glowing kittens anyway? That seems like an odd choice...unless they're going to market it somehow.

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:57 am

I think cats are just convenient. They're mammals and they're available everywhere for a relatively low cost.

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:31 am

Moongewl wrote:I think cats are just convenient. They're mammals and they're available everywhere for a relatively low cost.

Not in the least. I love cats, but there's nothing convenient about them.

"Dogs have masters, cats have staff." --Rush Limbaugh (cat owner)

Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:05 am

DiscordantNote wrote:Why did those scientists make glowing kittens anyway? That seems like an odd choice...unless they're going to market it somehow.

I believe in the article it said something about how it would help them research diseases that both cats and humans get, but I don't see how glowing in the dark can help with that...

Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:06 am

theonlysaneone wrote:
Moongewl wrote:I think cats are just convenient. They're mammals and they're available everywhere for a relatively low cost.

Not in the least. I love cats, but there's nothing convenient about them.

"Dogs have masters, cats have staff." --Rush Limbaugh (cat owner)

For testing. Not as pets.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:12 am

Candy Cane Twiz wrote:I believe in the article it said something about how it would help them research diseases that both cats and humans get, but I don't see how glowing in the dark can help with that...

well, with the glowing pigs they said something along the lines of "since they glow we don't have to xray them to see their insides" and said they instead use a special light (blacklight, I think). Something along those lines, I guess.
Topic locked