Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

Re: Glowing cat was cloned

Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:01 pm

eilu wrote:
Candy Cane Twiz wrote:I believe in the article it said something about how it would help them research diseases that both cats and humans get, but I don't see how glowing in the dark can help with that...

well, with the glowing pigs they said something along the lines of "since they glow we don't have to xray them to see their insides" and said they instead use a special light (blacklight, I think). Something along those lines, I guess.

Question 1 of science.
Can we do it?
A: Yes.

Question 2:
Why would you?
A: Because we can.

Seriously.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:53 pm

Asthaloth wrote:
eilu wrote:
Candy Cane Twiz wrote:I believe in the article it said something about how it would help them research diseases that both cats and humans get, but I don't see how glowing in the dark can help with that...

well, with the glowing pigs they said something along the lines of "since they glow we don't have to xray them to see their insides" and said they instead use a special light (blacklight, I think). Something along those lines, I guess.

Question 1 of science.
Can we do it?
A: Yes.

Question 2:
Why would you?
A: Because we can.

Seriously.

Quote. For. Truth.

I really don't find this cool at all, but that's just me. I don't like the idea of messing with things like that..

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:58 am

woah. A glowing cat.

*runs off and plays WoW*

Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:25 am

Kitten Medli wrote:Quote. For. Truth.

I really don't find this cool at all, but that's just me. I don't like the idea of messing with things like that..

No, it's not just you. I share your perspective 100%.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:49 am

According to the article, Texas A&M (the school I'm going to next year) made the first glowing cat. This isn't out of character for them; a few years ago they made maroon carrots. They're like the Willy Wonkas of genetics.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:26 am

theonlysaneone wrote:According to the article, Texas A&M (the school I'm going to next year) made the first glowing cat. This isn't out of character for them; a few years ago they made maroon carrots. They're like the Willy Wonkas of genetics.

Still waiting on the everlasting ones :P

And the waterfall of cats.
Topic locked